4 day old - 8 feeds in 5.5 hours

Kmx

Reaction score
My little girl was born on Monday and was very sleepy until today. She's been feeding constantly. I started keeping track on an App 5 hours ago (I've attached a picture).

does this seem about right? I read online she should be having between 8-12 feeds but at this rate she's had loads more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 14
In those early days there is sometimes no such thing as "a" feed, they all start to merge in to one. Remember there are growth spurts too. At 4 days your Los tummy has just grown hugely (doubled to trippled in size since birth) so she'll be extra hungry.

Thanks. She just seems to be rooting constantly. I remember it being constant with my son but just wanted to make sure this was normal.

She's probably cluster feeding. It's essential for establishing supply and sadly the reason a lot of mothers quit breast feeding because they believe (and are often incorrectly told) that it means they have low supply.
Your best indicator is plenty of wet and dirty nappies and steady weight gain.
Eventually your baby will become quicker at feeding and start to space them out a bit. It does feel never ending though!

So normal! My baby is just over one week old and has days where she feeds constantly. Babies way of upping your supply while filling their tummy, how perfect!

Super normal, mine still does this each evening and she's 9 weeks.

It is completely normal. Your LO is bringing in your supply. Plus they only have tiny tummies at this age so need regular top ups.

My daughter is ten days old and the midwife said they have a growth spurt at 7-10 days. Our daughter was sleepy until day seven and then started waking for feeds and also cluster feeding too. So this am she woke at 12, 430 and fed once but then fed three times between 8 and 10. I guess it's normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->