4 week growth spurt and my boobs hurt1

T

Toms Mummy

Sorry, 2nd question of the night! :flower:

My daughter has definately been going through her 1st growth spurt over the last 2 days! It's tapered off today thankfully as my boobs are sore! Not the nipple area but the boob itself, my left more than my right which makes me wonder whether I may have a blocked duct? I have just expressed until empty on that side to see if it would relieve the pain but no it's still the same :wacko:.... It's not painful unless I touch, and isn't hot. But feels like when I was newly pregnant, you know, tender to touch. Do you think this is normal?

Massage it out in the shower, run hot water over it. I remember a few achey days, and I just made sure I paid attention to getting as much milk out as possible so it didn't lead to problems. It's also worth paying attention to the positions you're feeding in - are you resting a hand in a particular area? Are your clothes tight? Do you sleep on a certain side and squash an area of your breast?

I also remember one stubborn blockage I massaged out with the back of an electric toothbrush :haha: did the job! Just keep an eye on it and keep feeding :) Hope it sorts itself out soon!

Thanks patch, love the elec toothbrush idea :haha:!..... Turned out I have thrush quite
badly so now on a course of pills and cream!

Oh no! Hope it clears. Thrush is no fun. Have you been using lansinoh? That can make thrush worse, as it traps in moisture which is what the thrush thrives on. Once you've cleared this bout of thrush, try coconut oil instead - it's moisturising, anti microbial and naturally anti fungal :) Sunlight can also help clear up thrush, so if you can sit braless in a window, that might help. Vinegar is another good anti-fungal. Hopefully the cream will help. I was treated for thrush, and I found cream morning and evening and a few of these old remedies in between helped me stay comfortable and clear it up :)

Is your DD being treated too for thrush? If not, you could just end up reinfecting each other round and round. Don't forget to hot wash your towels and linen and stuff, too. I hate thrush, it's such a nuisance!

Yeah it does suck :(.... I had it lots in pregnancy and would make little frozen coconut oil supositories to insert :haha: I love coconut oil! My dd had thrush on her bum and I used a mix of coconut oil, cider vinegar, camomile tea bags and yoghurt! But it was so bloody persistant that only antifungal cream with a steroid got rid of it!.... I do use coconut oil now its gone though to keep it at bay :)

Shes currently being treated orally too. I hope it goes soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->