• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4 week old pulling away with nipple in mouth :S

KatO79

Proud Mommy to Alexander
Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions, I'm a total bf'ing newbie so hope it's ok I've been asking so many questions lately:blush:

Anyway I've noticed my 4 week old son will often pull away with my nipple still in his mouth. I've been fearing that maybe I'm not making enough milk? Although he seems to be pretty content afterwards so wondering if it could be something else?

Oh and on my other breast he'll sometimes push his face into the breast which is also annoying, any ideas?

This is totally normal breastfeeding behaviour. He is trying to stimulate a letdown by "massaging" your breasts. If you ever watch animals feeding from their mums you'll see the same sort of tugging and pummelling until milk lets down. In the late afternoon/evening when letdown can be slower, this kind of behaviour can get more annoying and frequent, but it doesn't last forever.

This is totally normal breastfeeding behaviour. He is trying to stimulate a letdown by "massaging" your breasts. If you ever watch animals feeding from their mums you'll see the same sort of tugging and pummelling until milk lets down. In the late afternoon/evening when letdown can be slower, this kind of behaviour can get more annoying and frequent, but it doesn't last forever.

Ah ok, good to know, thanks! I thought it could be a sign of a problem so it's good to know this is normal behavior:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->