4 weeks - are all these stomach feelings normal?

Fallon

Reaction score
I just got a BFP yesterday and today am having sharp pains on my left side where my lower ribs are. Then randomly a pain just above the belly button and low down on the left side. I have been feeling them periodically for the past 30 minutes. It's not gas and it's not terribly painful, just gets my attention.

This will be my first baby and I had a chemical pregnancy last month, so I'm a little nervous with every new feeling:)

Anyone have lots of stomach action straight away?

Yes, I've had bad tummy pains from about week 3! It does stress me out a lot but apparently it's normal. Sometimes it's mild, sometimes like really bad Braxton Hicks! But no blood so assuming all is okay.

Nice to hear it's common, thanks! How far along are you?

I hear a lot of women always describe pain then follow with "it's not gas". Gas during pregnancy or even caused by pregnancy does not feel like regular gas. It's horrible! Oh my goodness I've had some crippling pains. Twinges,stitches,sharp pains painful gas and cramps all very normal even though it's uncomfortable. Congratulations! Try not to worry!

ohh, That makes sense. I never considered gas pains would feel different. Thanks for your input. I'm such a newbie with the whole being pregnant thing. I hope I can enjoy it and not worry forever ;) I think once I get past chemical pregnancy danger, I'll be able to relax a bit more.

Of course that's normal! Lol after this you will be a pro! And with your history it's easy to worry! But as soon as you said that it reminded me of the time I was doubled over in sharp pain with my 1st daughter (15 yrs ago) and I thought this must be miscarriage and my friend said it's gas drink a ginger beer (we are from the carribean ) and I was thinking she's gonna kill me....sure enough...drank the ginger, burped a few times...pain vanished! I couldn't believe it! I felt so silly! But now I kinda realize it can feel like something is wrong so I try simple methods first to rule it out then if it's still there u can work from there!

I am 4 weeks and been having these for about a week too. This is my third BFP (first two ended in mmc) and the feelings this time are much different than the first two. I looked it up too and they just say that things are moving around to make room and that's what you are feeling.

I talked to my best friend last night who has a daughter.My tummy pains came up and she instantly said it was gas as well:) So that's nuts to me that gas pains can change so fast, from slightly uncomfortable to demanding your attention. I see you are on your 6th child, and figured you knew what you were talking about ;)

Thanks again!

I am 4 weeks and been having these for about a week too. This is my third BFP (first two ended in mmc) and the feelings this time are much different than the first two. I looked it up too and they just say that things are moving around to make room and that's what you are feeling.

I agree that my stomach feels so different compared to last month. Yet every new pain or sensation, causes me to wonder. I'd hear women mention feeling their stomach stretching, and thought that would be weird. Yet last night I felt what I could only describe as that. I love every second though :)

Wishing you the very best with this pregnancy!!

I agree that my stomach feels so different compared to last month. Yet every new pain or sensation, causes me to wonder. I'd hear women mention feeling their stomach stretching, and thought that would be weird. Yet last night I felt what I could only describe as that. I love every second though :)

Wishing you the very best with this pregnancy!!

Have you moved into the heat flashes? Today I was holding DH cold hand to my face to cool off.

I noticed that you are in Vegas!!!! I love Vegas. DH and I went to Vegas to get married. We stayed 2 nights at Bellagio and got married at the Valley of Fire. I really want to go back there because we really didn't have much time to explore. I keep telling DH that if we have a girl I want to name her Bella after the hotel, I have yet to sell that idea. lol

I love the Valley of fire, we hike there all the time! We got married at red Rock which is a smaller Valley of Fire :) and we were at the Bellagio the day I found out I was pregnant, so funny!

YES to the hot flashes! I am a cold person. My husband makes fun of me as I walk around with a sweater in our house during the 115 degree summers. I got my BFP on the 28th but he was leery because the line was light, so he was holding back excitement. but yesterday I was soo hot, I opened the window (its actually cold for Vegas right now, low 40s and a possible snow storm tonight - if you can believe that?!), and he walked in the room and looked at me like I wasn't his wife and then I think he thought, hmmm maybe she is pregnant. Haha. Last night I got a BFP on a digital, so he's rejoicing with me now.

Also, I am peeing way more. Trying to hold my pee last night for the digital test was not easy, haha.

I was watching a New Years Eve special last year I believe and they were in winter jackets, then they said they were at Mandalay Bay. I thought no way that's Vegas. I was there is April and it was HOT, I was getting nose bleeds. Then I looked it up and it does get cold there. I was shocked. DH want's to go back while I am PG but we are not sure about it because of the heat. I would also be due in Sept so I can only imagine what it would be like there in the summer.

You are getting snow?!?!? I am in Canada and we don't even have snow lol

Ha ha I got my BFP on the 28th too. I tested on Christmas morning, got a BFN. We went to Christmas dinner and my mom pointed out at the dinner table that my face was bright red. I looked it up an apparently that's common. We were so upset for the next couple days about the BFN. I already have a bump and had all the stomach stuff so I was sure I was PG so I tested again.

I see you are 3 weeks 5 days, I am 2 days ahead at 4 weeks.

Have you had any blood tests yet? I went in yesterday for a blood test, I have to go for another one tomorrow. I will get both beta numbers tomorrow to see where I fall. I should be going in for an ultrasound in the next couple days. I am high risk for multiples so I am egger to to see what comes from that.

We don't get snow either! But they are forecasting it for tonight through New Years. I honestly will believe it when I see it ;) The areas around the mountains may get a little, but nothing that sticks. I have seen it snow and stick 2 times here since 1994.

Summers are brutal, starts getting hot in May usually. Last April was hotter than usual. Then June-August is inhumane. We are due in September too, summers are hard enough without being pregnant, but that's what air conditioning is for =) So if you come you should do it before May. I'd love to get away once more with my husband but I'm frugal and will probably want to save that money for the baby :)

No blood work here. Not sure I'll go for it. Personally, I'm kinda set on just letting everything unfold and I'm planning on getting a midwife and doing a home birth. If there is reason for me to go to the Dr I will, but women have been giving birth for a long time :) and I'm, not worried about it. My family may freak out, but for me, I want to have the least intervention possible. I've had diet and exercise as my priority the moment we started TTC. So I think that's about all I can do really anyway.

Good luck at the dr's! I hope you get great numbers :)

Oh and multiples?! That would be something else! Are you hoping for more than one?

I am hoping for two, I keep telling DH that we are having 3. lol I go to a fertility clinic, the first time I got a bfp it was 1, the second time it was 2, this is the third time. lol

I don't know if it's good or bad, but my clinic does weekly ultrasounds for the first while then you go every other week.

So dh and I just wen't out for a walk, then the bloody nose hit me. I have never heard of people getting bloody noses during pregnancy till I looked it up.

3 babies! Oh man, that would be something else.

I have heard good and bad things about ultra sounds. Obviously there are millions of babies that come out just fine with ultra sounds, can't deny that. I'm personally choosing to not get one unless there's reason to (and not solely for concern). I'm all for the aid of technology should the need arise. If all goes well, I just want to take a simple route and let my body do what it was made to do. I'm okay not seeing a photo of my baby in my tummy and waiting to find out the gender :) But if issues arise, I am certainly not anti-ultra sound.

I wasn't aware of nose bleeds either, but now I am :)

Is your stomach sore to the touch too or just painful gas feeling? I've been having an issue with my tummy last few days wondering if it could be early pregnancy thing? Probably not but one can hope lol

Personally my stomach isn't sore to the touch. It's just had lots of unique sensations internally. Some sharp pokes here and there.

Hope you get your BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->