4 year old hearing

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi my youngest LO has just turned 4 and I just had his last parents evening at pre school and to sign his transition form for when he starts school in September. He is doing really well and I'm so pleased. His keyworker mentioned does he talk loud at home and I said can't say I have really noticed and I suppose he does sometimes but he can also be quiet as well. She said sometimes he can speak quite loudly but his class is a loud class so he may feel he needs to talk louder to be heard. It made me wonder now about his hearing? I have never had any concerns before at all but now I'm worrying. Thanks in advance x

Well, if you are worried, you must go get it checked, or you will continue to wi
Onder and worry. All my kidsa re loud....so is hubby! Lol

Thank you. I will make some enquiries today about how i go about getting it checked. I mentioned to my OH this morning and he said that he thinks his hearing is fine and that he is just loud sometimes. X

I'd go and get it checked if your worried hunni. Ben had a hearing test at 2.5 because of his delayed speech, it's a very easy test, they play different sounds at different levels of volume and ask LO to put a block in a pot if they hear it (might be easier with a 4yr old)!

I'd go and get it checked if your worried hunni. Ben had a hearing test at 2.5 because of his delayed speech, it's a very easy test, they play different sounds at different levels of volume and ask LO to put a block in a pot if they hear it (might be easier with a 4yr old)!

Hi I think I will do just to be sure. Thank you. Do I need to contact the health visitor? I'm not sure x

I think I'd start with the HV. I got referred from them for soeech therapy which is why they tested his hearing. If they can't help then you'll know to go to your GP.

I would definitely get him checked just to rule out glue ear as it's very common in this age group of children :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->