4 year old saying she's hungry at 9pm

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
Would you feed her? Baring in mind she's had me up and down the stairs for 2 hours now with different excuses so when she said it I told her to go to sleep and wait for breakfast. I'm feeling a bit horrible now! :(

My girls get me with this all the time and I always give them something. Mostly they take one bite then decide they aren't hungry but I feel terrible when I think they may b in bed hungry. I have no idea what to say as I know most probably it's just to get doen or buy extra time like mine but I'd give in lol. I'm sure she will b fine left until morning though hun!!xxx

She ate all her dinner, and my mum gave her a bag of crisps at 7pm! I know she's fine.... I hope :dohh:

She will be!! Just doing what they do best.. Making you feel guilty haha

mine aren't allowed to eat after 7pm.

they get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and if they're still hungry despite all that they have the opportunity to say so, given that they have dinner at 5pm, and I'm quite happy to provide snacks if necessary.

But bedtime is bedtime. no eating at bedtime.

Mine does that ALL the time, so I've started giving her a piece of fruit or something small before we head to bed for her book etc. I try to stick to the rule that once your teeth are brushed, just water lol.

I say after his teeth are done, he only gets water. If you know she's eaten well in the day there's no harm in leaving her potentially a little hungry until the morning.

Tyler does this all the time,if I know that he's had plenty to eat that day them i tell him to go to sleep and he can have a bigger breakfast in the morning.
If he's had a day where he hasn't eaten much then I bring him down for something small. But only once he's ever genuinely been hungry out of 100000000x lol

She didn't even eat breakfast so she can't have been that hungry lol

Typical! My 3 year old has started telling me his tummy is hungry at bedtime I've been letting him have a small piece of toast but only if he hasn't ate much that day.

My kids come up with every excuse under the sun to try not to go to sleep but I agree bedtime is bedtime

My kids come up with every excuse under the sun to try not to go to sleep but I agree bedtime is bedtime

^^ this my DD1 goes through phases of trying a new excuse and offen I fall for it :dohh: well for one or two nights til I realise! xx

hmm.. you know your child. kids tend to be very sneaky so sometimes its an excuse... i understand that. but honestly if my son tells me he is hungry i give him something. depending how hungry he says he is or seems, it may be a small snack or a meal. Being 5 he is a very picky eater. His eating habits change all the time which is normal for kids. at times they eat a whol lot then suddenly they eat like little mice. If you ask a doctor he will tell you this is normal. So honestly i would not leave my kid hungry. You dont know how hungry they may actually be and no one sleeps so great, or does anything great for that matter, on a hungry tummy. That's just me, and not judging those who dont. Just my opinion.

If she hadn't eaten since dinner then maybe I would have given in but she had a bag of crisps before bed too x

With my nephew, we will give him a half of a piece of toast.

ETA: He is 2.5yo

I make sure my kids have some supper around half 7 then they go to bed at half 8 so I know they aren't hungry.

I would of given half a slice of toast or something, plenty of times I get nibbles at night, it's hard though, our toddlers gets us up throughout the night demanding poos, which he never does, do I get it, we just do it though, frustrating at 2 am and every hour after though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->