40+5 week ultrasound

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
40 weeks 5 days today!

First I had a NST, which showed perfect activity. I had 2 contractions while I was hooked up for 15 minutes. I had been having them off and on all day, totally not consistent or very painful though.

Then I had my ultrasound. When the tech came to get me, she was like "I'm so exited to do your ultrasound! I thought for sure you would have gone into labor, I can't remember the last time I saw someone here as pregnant as you!" Lol. I couldn't believe how clear the ultrasound was :D He has my nose! I'll attach the pic. The amniotic fluid level was perfect.

Next I saw the doctor. She stripped my membranes and said I'm 1cm dilated, 75% effaced. I'm going in on Sunday at 3pm to have Cytotech inserted and then return Monday at 5am to be induced! :happydance: She also said that when she stripped my membranes she could feel a big sac of fluid right in front of the baby's face/my cervix so she thinks my water has a really good chance of breaking before Monday. Before I left, she added "now don't tell ANYONE I'm telling you this, but if the hospital is busy on Monday they'll try to call you to reschedule. DO NOT ANSWER YOUR PHONE! If they don't talk to you and you just show up, they'll put you in a room" hahaha. I'm really glad she's working with me on this!

I'm so excited, I finally have something to count down to! And after I got home, a big glob of bloody goopy discharge came out. I'm assuming more of my mucus plug from the membrane stripping. Oh, and he's estimated at weighing 7 lb 6 oz. :cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 60
Awhhhhhh!! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations && those kinds of doctors are always the best!

Congratulations and good luck! He is a cutie. :)

How exciting!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Very cute ultrasound picture...adorable baby!!

Was this a regular ultrasound, wow.

No, it was a 3D. I didn't even know my office had that but she just flipped a switch on the screen and it changed to this! On the screen the baby was orange colored but they only had a black and white printer

Oh you have a great Dr! Very cool ultrasound pic too! Good luck this weekend!

Side thought: did the membrane stripping hurt?

Yes, it did hurt but it wasn't unbearable and only lasted about 30 seconds.

Awww what a cute picture!

I'm glad you've got an induction date. That was a nice tip from your dr lol.

How exciting you are almost there ! Good luck !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->