40 days+ Cycles

louloubabs

Certified Doula
Reaction score
Anyone else out there have cycles like this? Wanna keep me company?

My cycles are currently 52-54 days long. I am having blood taken on 30th November (when I should be ovulating next) so that i can be tested to see whats causing my cycles to be so long.

Anyones else wanna join in with their long cycles so we can keep each other company during the loooooong wait between AF and next ovulation?

:flower:

XxX:kiss:

hey hunni i suffer from long cycles too :hissy: mine are anywhere between 40-45 days at the moment. before my daughters were born they were even longer and i could go 2-3months without af. after my 2nd loss they actually calmed down :o and for the first time i was having regular 30-35 day cycles but after jessica its back to being abnormal again *sigh*.

i've had hormone levels checked and awaiting the results. my past 2 cycles have been pretty bizzare so now googling like a mad woman trying to self diganose lol. so far have come up with a over active thyroid so going to ask to have that checked out next time i see my doctor especially as i have a few of the other symptoms associated with this.

hope the 30th comes around quickly for you and it doesnt take too long to get your results. how long have you been trying for? x

Hello,

I Have never posted on this before, but have been a bit of a stalker the last few weeks and thought I might as well join in!! My story is I was diagnosed with PCOS in 1999. I always had slightly longer cycles before on bc, about 35 days. I miraculously conceived my DD who is nearly 3 within 2 months of coming off bc and have been ttc no 2 now for about a year and a half. I had a chemical pregnancy last September then no AF for about 5 months. Since then they have regulated slightly, to 50, 45, 34, 39 and 38 days. I was kinda hoping that they stick to the 38 - 39 day mark but am currently on CD41 and no sign whatsoever!!

It is very annoying as I have been prescribed Clomid by Doc to reduce cycle but need to wait on AF to start it!! I am definitely not pregnant as did a test on Saturday which was negative. I just wish she would turn up!! Its so annoying second guessing every single twinge and ache but I can't help myself!!

Oh, by the way, I found that cutting out caffeine in my diet really helped in staring my AF again. Well, here's hoping we all get our BFP's soon (or at least AF to show we are working properly!!)

hi peggy welcome offically to bnb hope your doing well and that your af shows soon so you can start on the clomid. i'm looking into clomid atm have been tested for pcos scan was fine just need to get my results back. even so there must be a reason as to why cycles are so irratic and i wont stop til i find out what and get them to treat me lol.

glad that by cutting out caffeine improved your cycles i rarely drink tea or coffee but do like my coca cola :D dont think i drink enough to affect my cycles though.

hope that we all get our bfps really soon. x

Hey ladies,

Thanks for replying :thumbup:

We've been trying for about 8 months but I've only had, like 3 AF's in that time. Grrrrrr. Lol.

My blood tests are also to test my thyroid as we have a history of it in our family. I'm hoping I can get some answers :) And hoping you ladies do tooooo.

Babytots - so sorry to learn of your losses :-( :flower:

And here's hoping we get some Christmas BFP's

XxX:kiss:

thanks hun i am going to see about getting my thyroid checked out if these tests come back normal. i have a few symptoms of an over active thyroid and i know graves disease can cause recurrent miscarriages. hopefully my doc will be willing to test for it.

its been 5 months since we started ttc and i had 3 cycles in that time this is my 4th. really hope we get our xmas bfps even more so as i will be due around my birthday if i did x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->