40 things before turning 40... ideas?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
I'm putting together a list of 40 things I want to do before I turn 40 this year in December...

This is what I have so far:
1- Foamfest 2013 (obstacle course 5K race)
2- Bake/Cook a new dish (?)
3- Meditate somewhere odd or outdoors...
4- New hair style/color
5- Zip line
6- Beer tour (?)
7- Rock wall climb
8- Plane glider
9- Shop at the Red Store- close to my home, never been!
10- Shanghai Tunnels Tour (portland)
11- Kick Class
12- Anti-Gravity Yoga (Ariel)
13- Pole dancing class

Any other ideas? Nothing too crazy- I won't sky dive or anything close, LOL, but even simple things close to home or silly things... you name it... I may not try them all, but ideas would be appreciated :)

This is a great idea! :)

- go to a concert
- go skinny dipping
- have a makeover
- learn a new language
- start a veg patch
- buy a piece of art
- throw a party
- start a new hobby
- start a scrap book

Xx

See aurora borealis (sp?) - I intend to do that before I'm 35 or something :p

I was going to suggest Skydive! I did one for my 21st Birthday....best thing I have ever done!

- Do a Try Dive (Scuba Diving)
- Take a photo everyday for 40 days then make a photo album
- Fancy dress night out
- Limo ride
- Have a really fancy meal in somewhere you have never been before

Those are all great ideas! Thanks-- I'll have to update my list for sure :) I would love to take a photography class too-- I've been looking for an art class, and it's tough being a working mom as I don't have many hours in my day! LOL. And finding those on a Sat are really hard- none so far! But shoot- maybe I just buy the paint and do my OWN art class ;) hehe. I'd love to go hiking somewhere new too-- THANKS SO MUCH!

What a great idea! I have a couple of years to go until I turn 40, perhaps I dhouls do a list too!
What is a beer tour? Is that like a tour of a brewery (done a few of those!)? mmmm, beer. Zip lining is amazing! I tried for the first time Costa Rica and have done it in a few times since, sooo much fun, and I was petrified of heights before!

Ok so bearing in mind that you have to be not too far from Oregon:

- try skiing (if never been), or snowboarding
- white water rafting
- ride a Segway
- go to a wine tasting

^^Those are great too- I've not tried skiing since I was a kid, LOL. So might be worth a go? But IDK- didn't really like it then. And living an hour from Mt. Hood, well, you'd think I'd enjoy it more... haha.

Ride a segway would be fun- never done that! White water rafting is a BLAST too- I should do that again just for the fun of it :) hehe.

You could do a beer tour at a brewery I'm sure (lots in oregon)- or, there are restaurants that bring you like 20 samples of different beers- I don't like beer tbh, LOL, so this would be something new for me to try. ANd who knows- after trying all those samples I might find one I like :) haha.

Not sure whether it would be feasible, but I have done this a few times, A Gallon Walk.

Basically, it's planned 8 mile walk, stops at 8 pubs and you have a pint in each pub (8 pints = a gallon, hence the name). We do it every year, theres a group of about 40 of us that do the 8 mile hike. We go around a few country villages on the walk. Again, this would depend on where you live.

Just remembered about it talking about beer/breweries.

I think we do have those here- but I think they are called pub crawls? Or maybe I'm totally off- haha- I've never done one so don't really know... but, hey, since I've never done it I could try to find time to give it a go. lol.

Scuba diving!! :happydance:

https://www.adventuresportsscuba.com/classes/try-scuba :winkwink:

I think we do have those here- but I think they are called pub crawls? Or maybe I'm totally off- haha- I've never done one so don't really know... but, hey, since I've never done it I could try to find time to give it a go. lol.

Its different to a pub crawl, in the sense you don't generally walk 8 miles!

The Gallon Walk involves actual hiking and walking through the countryside between villages...rather than stumbling 100yrds to the next pub (or that might be my pub crawls? :rofl:)

^Yeah a pub crawl is just going from one pub to another like down the same street. Like have a pint in one pub, go next door to the next pub and have one, cross the street and have another, a few doors down the road and another. Before I had kids this could either be called a pub crawl or "Friday night".:haha:

We have lots of beer festivals here where you get a glass and go around to different stalls and try different samples of beer and (alcoholic) ciders. Sometimes smaller beer festivals are held in pubs, larger ones can be held in fields / town halls / exhibitions centres etc. I used to go to a lot of those before the kiddies, nice way to while away a day.

Obviously pubs crawls or otherwise are not my usual.. LOL. The gallon one sounds much healthier as you excercise AND drink... haha-- never heard of such a thing in my area though. But could create my own! haha. Thanks ladies!

Go in a hot air balloon!!! It's amazing!

That was also added! Just depends on funds and time... LOL... I've always wanted to do that though, so hopefully I can make it work. It's expensive!!! And hubby HATES heights (so does my bestie)- so I'd most likely have to go it alone... :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->