me, and i am exhausted, feel like im always tired. Last night was the worst night ever, he went to sleep at 8pm and was up 5 times before 12, and then resorted to bringing him to bed with us, which didnt help and was up at least once an hour from then til 7 this morning. he used to be a great sleeper too, until he hit four months, thought it was only a phase but hes 6.5 months now

:hugs:

My LO did this til around 7.5 months, then it went down to a couple of times a night, now she sleeps through once or twice a week and just wakes once the other times. I haven't got any advice because I think they just get there in their own time but just wanted to say I know how you feel and I hope it gets better for you soon xx

my wee man started at bout 18 weeks, just overnight went from sleeping 7-7 to getting up every hour or less. I must admit you do kinda get used to it, and am hoping it gets better soon. All my friends with babies have great sleepers, feels like im doing something wrong :-(

You are not alone sweetie, Tobi goes anywhere from 6-10 wake ups a night, is up at 6 and sometimes when he wakes at 3 he takes an hour or so to go back to sleep!! (never noticed sleep regression as he has always been bad)
I am EXHAUSTED and hate it when my mummy friends say... so and so woke up last night and took 10 minutes to go back to sleep... I'm so tired!!!!! Would like to say.. get a grip woman... realise how easy you are having it!

However we are trying to pro actve with the wakeups and try and sort them out. Not sure how yet, but the intention is there!!!

:hugs: Jed used to be a good sleeper , but then hit the 4months sleep regression, got better then hit teething, got better then got sick with flu, got better but now teething again and so on ..... :dohh: Having said all that he has been sleeping since 6:30 and hasn't got up yet so I'm holding thumbs :happydance: I did leave him to cry a bit last night before going in to pat him and he actually slept from 1:30 to 6am so I think I will do that again tonight.

:hugs: Jed used to be a good sleeper , but then hit the 4months sleep regression, got better then hit teething, got better then got sick with flu, got better but now teething again and so on ..... :dohh: Having said all that he has been sleeping since 6:30 and hasn't got up yet so I'm holding thumbs :happydance: I did leave him to cry a bit last night before going in to pat him and he actually slept from 1:30 to 6am so I think I will do that again tonight.

Thats what we are thinking about trying, when he wakes up too soon after his midnight feed. Maybe he'll just have a little whinge and drop back into sleep.

I had this for 2 months, it was getting progressively worse each night. I finally snapped and let her cio, I'm not a fan of cc or cio but I had tried everything else, she used to sleep great in her crib and we did a bit of cosleeping but even bringing her into our bed she would fidgit/ wake up every hour.

I know it's not for everyone and we still have some bad nights but I let lo have a little cry so that she learns to self settle (I tried being in the room with her once settled but she would wake up 5secs later and cry even though I was patting/ touching her hair)

There can be numerous reasons for this, teething, dummy dependance to self settle, hunger and habit. For us it was habit, we made it worse by giving her extra night feeds, changing her nappy and over using the dummy so she got used to be in light sleep and easily woke herself despite nothing being wrong. It will get better what ever you do, just do what you feel is right for you and your baby.

Good luck.x.

Max sounds like Finley x

He never slept from the minute we bought him home from the hospital. He's one in a few weeks & last week we decided to try CC/CIO (was really the last resort) and so far so good out of the week we've only had one bad night & that was last night.
I have started a journal (link in my sig) about our attempts to getting him to sleep better although I have heard that they dont reccomend CC/CIO until after 9months x

I hope you find a solution soon x

Jack did this because he was waking up for his dummy. In the end about 16 weeks we had to wean the dummy.

Is there something that your LO needs to get back to sleep? like a dummy or to be rocked etc?

I feel for you. It's a similar story here. He will sleep anything from 10 mins to ~1hr at a time - occasionally I get the luxury of a two hour block. It's killing me. I won't leave him to cry and I just don't know what to do for him, poor little darling. :( I'm going to take him to a cranial osteopath to see what they say. It's tough, it's really tough. I'm not a violent person but when I hear someone complaining about their LO waking 2 or 3 times a night, I want to slap them. :blush::haha:

On a positive note, I got to stay in bed till noon today, just being woken to feed Isaac. :happydance: Much needed, as when I tried to go to bed at 10.30 last night, Isaac decided we were going to stay up till 1. :dohh: Then up every hour till 7. :wacko:

I feel for you. It's a similar story here. He will sleep anything from 10 mins to ~1hr at a time - occasionally I get the luxury of a two hour block. It's killing me. I won't leave him to cry and I just don't know what to do for him, poor little darling. :( I'm going to take him to a cranial osteopath to see what they say. It's tough, it's really tough. I'm not a violent person but when I hear someone complaining about their LO waking 2 or 3 times a night, I want to slap them. :blush::haha:

We tried this too but unfortunatly it didnt work for us :-( I hope it works for you x

We tried this too but unfortunatly it didnt work for us :-( I hope it works for you x

Sorry it didn't help you guys. :hugs: I figure it's worth a try. I didn't have a prolonged labour or an assisted delivery though, so I don't know if Isaac would have any issues left over from birth. :shrug: The initial consultation and brief treatment is free, so it will at least be interesting to see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->