4th month NTNP

katiee21

Reaction score
Hi girls

Have been NTNP since December. We both want children but have decided to wait and see what happens. Personally I am so excited, but after four months of unprotected sex you'd think it would have happened by now when you hear all these women getting pregnant the first time. AF just keeps turning up, such a let down.

Does anyone else feel this way or in the same boat?

You might have meant to post this in the NTNP forum? If you report it, the mods can move it for you! :)

Don't worry, you'll just get the people in the same boat over there :D

Are you charting at all? Do you know when abouts you're ovulating?

I know people who have been using NFP to avoid for years before swapping to TTC- no slips ups before, and pregnant very quickly after they swapped- ie: just because you have unprotected sex, doesn't mean you're necessarily doing it at the right time to get pregnant.

I know DH and I only DTD about once a week at the moment, so it wouldn't surprise me if we took months and months to conceive when we're properly NTNP all the time.

I think I read somewhere recently that it takes on average 9 months to get pregnant- obviously some people fall much quicker, but I'd try keep up the PMA and not worry too much! :)

Thabk you for all your advice.

No I haven't been charting at all. I do however chart on days we dtd and the days we dont as I get bladder pressure a lot and have been trying find a pattern.

Around the time of ovulation I get ovulation pains for a few days, we don't dtd every other day, usually for a couple of days and then every other day around the right time. Maybe I'm not ovulating when I think I am?

But I think you're right, maybe when we do officially start ttc then it will all happen so quickly. Well I hope so anyway.

X

I hear you on the ntnp for a few cycles too and nada. We're starting our 5th cycle ntnp. They terrify us as young girls to be careful! And now that we're grown and mature enough... nada.

And to think I was an accident!

oh well. we'll get there.

Also in the same boat here!
5th month NTNP...not feeling too positive about it either.
It's a shame to see all these damn high school girls getting pregnant so easily, and it's taking me and my other half months..such a let down. =[

We're NTNP for 1 month now and nothing, but we are going to start actively TTC late summer/early fall - so here's to hoping!! Throwing some baby dust your direction ;-)

Ps. I would really start charting your cycles and cervical mucus signs, as I ovulate only 8 days after AF has left the building, but I know this using my CM. Most ladies its 14 days so I missed my shot last month. Also, I have heard that if you take prenatal vitamins that helps you get pregnant quicker as well. HTH's! Good Luck!!

I hear you on the ntnp for a few cycles too and nada. We're starting our 5th cycle ntnp. They terrify us as young girls to be careful! And now that we're grown and mature enough... nada.

And to think I was an accident!

oh well. we'll get there.

I know, I was an accident as well. It's horrible seeing everyone falling pregnant at such a young age and some don't even want to keep their children.

It's all so typical isn't it. I hope you get your bfp soon :) x

Also in the same boat here!
5th month NTNP...not feeling too positive about it either.
It's a shame to see all these damn high school girls getting pregnant so easily, and it's taking me and my other half months..such a let down. =[

I know it drives me crazy seeing them.

It's such a disappointment when AF arrives, wish it could all just be simple for everyone who really wants to conceive.

Who knows we might get our bfp at the same time. Here's to hoping. Have you started with your next cycle?

X

We're NTNP for 1 month now and nothing, but we are going to start actively TTC late summer/early fall - so here's to hoping!! Throwing some baby dust your direction ;-)

Ps. I would really start charting your cycles and cervical mucus signs, as I ovulate only 8 days after AF has left the building, but I know this using my CM. Most ladies its 14 days so I missed my shot last month. Also, I have heard that if you take prenatal vitamins that helps you get pregnant quicker as well. HTH's! Good Luck!!

Sadly I can't multi quote for some reason so had to do separate replies to you all.
Do you mean you ovulate CD8 or 8 days after AF has gone? I've always made sure we have sex often in the middle of my cycle so maybe you're right, maybe I'm doing it too late or maybe even too early.

I'll start charting my cycles! The only thing I chart is the days we have sex as I'm trying to find a pattern to my constant bladder pressure and pains from cysts that come and go on my ovary!

Can't wait until we are all the ones shouting a bfp from the rooftops :D

X

Cycle 5 here. AF is due in a week. I only track my periods an we try to dtd every other day so.

Funny side note... my phone autocorrected dtd to STD! LoL oops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->