4yr old complained of chest pain

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
I have posted in toddler and preschool section too but am worrying myself so pls dont mind ive posted here too. I think a lot of fellow BnB'ers have also moved into this section now.

Just before bedtime DD said her chest hurt and she was touching the middle but more to her left side to show me where. I asked if its inside or outside and she said it hurts when she touches it. Theres no physical marks or anything on her skin.

She has had an ear infection and is on antibiotics for that, but I dont know what to think or what I should do about this chest pain?

Should I just take her to the doctors tomorrow to be safe?

Thanks for reading and any input much appreciated.

Anything with chest or breathing my mom would take us in. On top of that it may be an "inside" pain but I am not sure a 4 year old would be able to tell if it was inside or out. I know if my tummy hurts, it sometimes feels like it could be inside or out although I know its in.. (I haven't been there yet with LO telling my symptoms! but I saw your thread and didn't want to read and run)

I think you should take her into the doctor, maybe she's developing a chest infection after being run down with the ear infection? With the changes in weather it seems to be time for all kinds of illness! Hope it's something straightforward anyway.. :flow:

Did you take her to the doctors?

I don't know if it's relevant now but earlier on in the year I was put on antibiotics and wasn't told I needed to eat before taking them. I ended up in a&e because I was in do much pain and I couldn't breath properly. So that's a possibility.

I would take her in too. Its good its her skin and not inside....I think. Shingles? Eeee...hope not!

I would take her in too. Its good its her skin and not inside....I think. Shingles? Eeee...hope not!

Lol, Jasmak you made me laugh. No she was complaining of pain when touching but there was nothing on her skin which was fine, so no shingles thank god!

I did take her doctors who checked her and said she was fine. She hasnt complained of any more pain so was hopefully a one off.

Thanks for replies guys

Oh good...can't imagine such a young person with shingles...it would be so heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->