5.5 nuchal. what was your outcome from a large nuchal?

mizzyb

Reaction score
Hi at 12 weeks one of my twins had a reading of 5.5 for the nuchal. Consultant said it was highly likely to be one of the three most common chromosone complications. We did the private non invasive NIPT test and it came back neg for those!! on thursday we have another appointment so they can look closely at the heart as that can be another reason for a high nuchal reading. Just wondered if anyone has their results to share please x

Hi Mizzy - I also had abnormal NT reading (3.7mm) and doctors told me there was probably something wrong with the baby, including possible a chromosomal disorder. I had a CVS done and it came back negative for any disorders. Microarray and Noonan's test also came back negative, 20 and 22 week heart scans came back fine. Baby is now considered fine and since the abnormal NT reading the pregnancy has been textbook. We believe the baby is fine.

The hardest part is waiting for all the test results to come back. I'm so sorry you're going through this - it's very hard. My heart goes out to you and I hope your baby is fine and the increased NT is just a false alarm.

I highly recommend you take a look at this group: https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6728599/nuchal_translucency_ultrasound_information_group

Best of luck

Thankyou I am reading this forum now!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->