5/6 year old girls?

MummyJo

Mummy to 2 girls!
Reaction score
What do they play with?
I was recently looking at my daughter's toys and they just all seem to babyish for her (she's soon to be 5). She doesn't really have any interest in them either and other than me playing board games with her she just doesn't seem interested in anything else.

What do your 5 year olds play with/do when not at school?

Thanks x

Madeleine plays a lot with 'treasure' - small sparkley gemstones, sequins, pretend gold coins, sparkley bits of thread...

She also plays with her soft toys and barbies. We got her a barbie house for christmas and she loves that it's like a massive dolls house that fits barbies. She also has a small wooden tree house from the ELC that she got for christmas.

She plays outside a lot too, with her scooter and in the 'fairy woods' - a small path with lots of trees just outside our house.

Also crafty things, drawing, sticky tape, glitter...

And last week she 'went on holiday' - she packed and very neatly folded loads of clothes, put them in a box and carried it round the house!

My Daughter is 4.75 lol almost five..she loves her "treasures" she plays with her dollhouse, her kitchen (pretend play is huge right now) dressing up is a lot of fun, her baby dolls (all like 18 of them) she rides her bike a lot outside, she loves legos (duplos) not into Barbies just yet, but Im the one holding off on those just now. She loves her stuffed animals too. She packs bags and goes on adventures (and pretend school) Crafting is huge too. Good Luck!!!:happydance:

How and what kind of crafts do you do with your daughter? Mine turned five in march and everything is boring. I do crafts but I sew and crochet, so I think that would be too advanced for her, cause it is for me at times. I need to find something for her to be interested in instead of the tv.

My daughter is five. Her all time favorite right now is probably Barbie. She loves to draw as well and paint. We do lots of crafts, she likes to make jewelry so we do that a lot and use play dough. Playing outside with bubbles, her scooter/bike, sidewalk chalk or just her imagination. She's also really into ballet and since dance class is dismissed for the summer she practices a lot at home.

DD is 6 and her things are dressing up, dolls (including barbies), but her main stuff is being creative, drawing, colouring, making things. She loves little craft sets where you cut things out, safe scissors of course, glue, etc. She also likes having dolls picnics, and making a pretend shop. Loads really much more varied than DS but I can't complain as he is happy to read a book :)

My daughter has just turned 7 and she hasnt really played with toys for a couple of years now, she loves LEGO and arts and crafts and board games, and her DS. but she likes being outside in the garden or out on her bike/scooter or playing with her friends. I think its normal for them as they get older to be less interested in toys and more interested in playing with other children and watching tv etc especially when they start school and spend all day learning and doing things ...toys seem to go out the window.....(well they did with my eldest) x

Barbies, craft, dolls, sparkly stuff, dressing up.

my step daughter is 5 and she plays with skipping ropes hoola hoops her scooter her bike and her DS she colours in at bedtime but thats about it ive been finding it hard to find toys she will play with she seems to be growing out of everything iam not looking forward to christmas.

My daughter is 5 next week and she never stops and she's never bored.
She plays with dolls,barbies,she love drawing and painting more than anything!
When she comes home from school she plays teacher with her 3 year old sisters,so she's a teacher and they're students ..she takes a register,does the activity and basically everything she does at school.
She's forever practising sounds,writing words,numbers,letters ..if she's tired (which is never lol) she'll sit for 5-10 minutes and watch tv,but most of the time she's very active and can always find something interesting to do.

Mine is 7 now, but Barbies, Princesses, crafts, DS games etc

My DD is 6 and always says she is bored lol.

She loves looking for fairys outside.

I brought these for the summer holidays and she loves them:

https://www.johnlewis.com/231518097/Product.aspx?s_pccid=pc_gs__100000&

she also plays with littlest petshop, laptop, making cakes and icing them, walking dog, frizbee, scooter, making dens, reading.

My sister is almost six and is currently obsessed with polly pockets.
Mums been buying off ebay
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"