5 days late and negative?

ditogirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can give me some advise on my current situation. I lost my baby at 9 weeks on Dec. 1. My doctor told me to wait to try again until my period returned which happened just 4 weeks later. I have had two period since then and didn't really ttc until last month. Well, I am not sure if I caught my ovulation days or not as the test strips said negative the five days that I was supposed to ovulate. I did start experiencing lots of EWCM the week after but was out of test strips and I don't chart my body temp or anything so I'm not sure if I really did ovulate then. Needless to say we had sex for about two weeks straight with a day off here and there. Here is the thing, I am now five days late but have taken 5 hpt's and they have all been negative. I did feel pretty crummy on the day before my period was supposed to start (achy, headache, car sick) but after that only experienced headaches and tiredness. As of three days I only feel very, very, very tired and have hard nipples but not painful. I don't feel like i'm stressing at all I literally take the test throw it in the trash and go on with my day but I've never been late either. Any chance of pregnancy or is this just be my period acting up?

Well, there is *always* a chance.. it's hard to say because your cycles could just be screwy- you may have ovulated late and not technically BE late on AF either even if you've had regular periods since. I would retest in a few days ..

•The first detection of hCG in the blood depends on when implantation happens. Extremely sensitive tests which are not available in a regular laboratory can detect the hCG even before implantation. But with regular laboratory hCG tests, hCG is usually found in sufficient levels as early as 2-3 days after implantation.
•Implantation happens as early as 6 days after ovulation/fertilization (usually about 9 days after ovulation), so blood hCG can be found as early as 8-9 days after ovulation/fertilization.
Pregnant women usually attain blood serum concentrations of at least 10-50 mIU/cc in the 7-8 days following implantation.
Read more at https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level?ktrack=kcplink

Heres some info that may help?!

I do agree with Holly also in that your af may be messed up following mc or dates out?
Def test again in a few days.

Hi ditogirl, I certainly hope you're pregnant, but if not, wanted you to know that it's happened to me too, after both my mc's. My cycles went wacky for 3-4 months, very long when I thought I was pg but always bfn, or contrarily, very short. It took me about 6 months to get back to a "normal" cycle. I've heard other ladies say the same, so think it can be normal after any pregnancy, no matter how long it progressed. Am sending you baby dust and hugs!!!

i agree with the girls..
gl and just test every day and then maybe go and get bloods done..

Thanks for your opinions, I figured chances of pregnancy were slight. Mostly I just wanted to know what was going on since I went back into being regular immediately after miscarriage. Although, I can see how 2 cycles is too early to determine that I was back to normal again. I was starting to worry about some unknown medical condition that was going to make things even harder for me even though I'm not sure about TTC for a few months anyway (husband deploying in Dec. not sure if I want to give birth without him there) Well, this morning I'm getting pink CM so my guess is AF is just a few steps behind that. I just want to get back to normal again!

It could be either either - it could be your body just catching up.

Wait a little longer and (easier said than done I know) otherwise pop to the doctors x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->