5 months meals??

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
I cant believe Jasmine is almost 5 months!!!

For those who weaned earlierm what did you solids meal plans look like at 5 months? She still only gets 1 bowl of rice cereal in the evening with veggie... Sometimes I give her a little in the morning too.

Did ou start giving more then one fruite or veggie? Go beyond beginner jars?

We've only been weaning for about 2 weeks so we're still on purees but i'm making them a bit chunkier. I've just moved Katie on to having 3 meals now and 3/4 feeds. I only started the three meals this week and she seems to be taking to it really well. I'm using a book by annabel Karmel but you can get her recepies online if you google her.

At 5.5 months Hannah was on cereal for breakfast, a fruit puree for lunch (usually half a jar) and a veg puree (half-1 full jar) at dinner. I also started introducing snacks to her diet fairly early on (about 2 weeks after I put her on three meals a day I think--mostly finger foods). The amount she ate moved up pretty quickly to a full jar at each meal :)

fin has a good bowl of cereal for breakfast, cauliflower cheese / squash and chicken for lunch and fruit puree for tea.... and a few bottles in between. xxx

It kinda of went the same as Vickies... Courtney went quickly into 3 meals a day!!
Baby breakfast, a lunch with a yoghurt, then a dinner with a yoghurt!!
At 5 months she was still have pureed veg and a few jars... it wasnt until she was 6 months we gave her proper foods!!

Colton was on three meals pretty quick (aroud 3-3.5 months), but I think I've told you all that before.. :lol:

Alittle after 4 months I started moving to Stage 2 jars.. started with breakfasts because Colton hated the rice that you mix with formula.. At the time he was on 1/2 a stage 2 for breakfast and a whole stage 1 for lunch and then another for dinner.
Alittle after 5 months, I moved him to another stage 2.. so 1/2 a stage 2 at breakfast and then another 1/2 for lunch (or dinner depending on the day) and then a full stage 1 for his third meal.

what is a stage 2 jar in north american terms???? haha... here the labels say beginner, 6 months, 8 months etc etc... I use heinze jars if it helps, https://www.heinzbaby.com/

And yes, I remember you telling me Colton moved fairly quickly with his weaning :D

I think the 8 months would be the stage 2 jars. I have some Gerber and they say stage one and stage 2

what is a stage 2 jar in north american terms???? haha... here the labels say beginner, 6 months, 8 months etc etc... I use heinze jars if it helps, https://www.heinzbaby.com/

And yes, I remember you telling me Colton moved fairly quickly with his weaning :D

here they are:
Stage 1: 4 months
Stage 2: 6 months
Stage 3: 8 months

:) Ours have the stage and age on them..

oh wait maybe the stage 2 here are the strained versions of the foods? I think some of the Heinz jars say strained

the 8 months have a ton of lumps in them (we've only recently started using some of those)

okay after going back to my cabinet for the third time :lol: I think the beginner jars (mine say beginner B/D on them) are stage 1, 6 months are stage 2, and 8 months are stage 3

oh wait maybe the stage 2 here are the strained versions of the foods? I think some of the Heinz jars say strained

the 8 months have a ton of lumps in them (we've only recently started using some of those)

:lol: Our stage 2's dont have any LUMPS in them.. they are thicker but not lumpy. The stage 3's however have noodles/rice and bits of vegetables in them with the meat, etc grinded up like a normal puree. Colton never liked the stage 3's so just went onto our unpureed food.

So what are some that you guys would reccomend to try first? I would assume mixed veggies. What about custard and creamed corn etc?

Hated the custard, it was soooooooo watery it was hard to keep on the spoon :dohh: Hannah loves creamed corn. They also have wax beans which she liked and green beans (which we haven't tried yet--made my own though and she liked those). Mixed veggies haven't tried but they make a peas and carrots that Hannah enjoyed.

We have just started weaning Tristan. We have given him baby rice and pureed carrot, pear, apple and banana.

Get one of Annabel Karmel's puree books/baby meal plan books or collect some of her recipes from baby magazines like Prima Baby and Pregnancy - they are really good.

xxx

Hmmm... maybe i should start feeding Tabs more.

I never gave Tabitha ones on their own :dohh:
I've made her apple, pear and mango and cinnamon, and Carrot, parsnip, apple and cinnamon...uhm carrot and parsnips.. she hates banana's... think i need to vary a bit ha ha!! I also give her porridge with apple and pear in it :)

I used to give rusks/ petit flous's (yogurts)/ puree fruit like banana swished with some of his formula/ baby rice at 5 months. When he turned 6 months i gave things like mashed potatoes with milk and butter/ swished down broccoli and cauliflower in a homemade basic cheese sauce. Now he is 10 months and literally eats what we eat but just a bit swished down but obviously doesnt have curry or chilli!!! both of which i love...!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->