5 months weaning

katieandbump

Reaction score
Lilly is coming up to 5 months in just under 2 weeks and I was just wondering if someone can shed a bit of light as to where you started with weaning, shall i start off by just giving her baby rice in the morning after her morning bottle as a brekki and then increase it from there? Any tips and tricks, ideas please share very keen to hear how everyone else started it. Thankyou! :flower:

Oh yeah she's currently having 6oz every 3 hours. x

We just started of with a tiny bit of baby rice along with her late morning bottle, then gradually increased it as time went on. Brooke was weaned early though so i built up to 3 meals a day just using baby rice then introduced puree's but since Lily is a bit older i would do baby rice at breakfast for a week or so, then add a puree at either lunch or dinner

Im the same as you katie, started weaning just before 5 months have been giving baby rice in the mornings for about 3 weeks which he loves, and have started introducing purees this week its not going great so far, tried 3 days of carrots he spat them all out, and today tried sweet potato and he didnt like that either not sure if he is just not ready for purees or if i should try some others, have purees apples and bananas today too. its hard to know what to do for the best

Thats what I did! with the baby rice. When he got to 2.5 teaspoons, instead of giving him more breakfast, i gave him some more for dinner. I havent introduced lunch yet. After about 3 weeks the HVtold me to get giving him purees and he likes everything but avocado.

Goddess25, have you tried mixing a bit of puree with the baby rice/usual milk he does like? perhaps that would help by making it taste more familiar?

im also starting out at this age too and a bit clueless Matthew took some baby rice at lunchtime then a full 6oz bottle does it matter if they take the pice/purree before a feed I doublt Matthew would take anything after milk have to give him his medicine first for this reason.

Is it best to try brekfast meal first as well I thought I read somewhere lunch was best?? so many different approaches x

I just chose breakfast because I didnt want him to howl all night if it gave him gas, and I don't feed him lunch cos lunch is harder when you are out and about. He gets dinner now though. He will get lunch after our hols when he is 6mos and I feel confident to give him finger foods.

jacob has been having a small amount of baby rice along with his 5pm feed. we started tues just gone and he loves it.

leyla started having her baby rice at her 6pm feed, i gradually increased it so she was having 1tbsp by the end of the first week, then after that i added 1tbsp carrot puree at 6pm, moved the baby rice to after 10am feed, another week or so of that, then i added 1tbsp fruit puree at 1pm(ish)

now she has either porridge, weetabix or baby rice mixed with a fruit puree for breakfast, a meat/fish and vegetable puree for dinner and a vegetable and rice/pasta puree for tea but make sure you dont add anything with gluten in it until she is 6months, stick to baby rice and root vegetables and fruits like apples/pears, nothing citrus-y as it can cause reactions

hth :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"