5 people arrested for Slavery in Bedfordshire

vaniilla

Reaction score
not sure if everyone has seen this in the news, 24 men have been found locked in filthy cramp conditions for slavery, they think some of them have been kept there for up to 15 years, I was horrified when I read this its hard to believe something like this still happens in this day and age :nope:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-14871318

Vile :shock:

Wondering why if the police knew about it since 2008, theyve waited 3 years before investigating?

just insane to think this could be happening in this day and age!

It certainly wont help the Dale Farm travellers and their cause!.

Vile :shock:

Wondering why if the police knew about it since 2008, theyve waited 3 years before investigating?

yea it makes no sense why they've waited that long :wacko:

I've just been reading about it on another forum and apparently the Police have had to get Undercover police in there and it's taken 3/4 years for them to be trusted:dohh:

And it may not be the only "site", to have slaves apparently!.

thats disgusting no wonder people moan that police these days are rubbish :dohh:

thats disgusting no wonder people moan that police these days are rubbish :dohh:

but if what i heard is correct, the police did their job well :shrug:. They had to be able to infiltrate the camp and get the travellers to believe they were also travellers and trustworthy to boot, that certainly can't be easy surely?. It would have taken time, and great acting to get to the point that there was enough evidence to convict them?.

Yh thats true I suppose but 3 years is a long time

haven't only a small number of them pressed charges? a few have come out and said they were quite happy there :|

haven't only a small number of them pressed charges? a few have come out and said they were quite happy there :|

Fear and intimidation I guess, out of 24 people 9 are refusing to talk. While the rest of them are still being treated for malnutrition. Speaks for itself really :shrug:

Thats horrible that people can treat another human like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->