5 week old fussing at breast

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
My 5 week old has started fussing the last week. He's screaming because he wants to be fed he will suck for a bit and scream try sucking again snd scream. This goes on for ages. Sometimes he is fine but sometimes he none stop fusses.

I'm not worried about supply as I know I have a sufficient supply.
At first I thought wind so started winding him more often to no avail.
And then I thought maybe a fast let down but I've tried expressing beforehand a little bit and block feeding and hasn't helped.

He does have a bit of reflux so could it be that getting aggravated ?

It's getting really exhausting now having him scream for the boob but then scream in it as well!
I've tried different positions too.

Thanks

Silly question but have you tried a nappy change before your feed? my lo is like that if she has the slightest wetness when she feeds. She is totally fine before but she won't feed if she is damp.
Does he attach ok when he does feed?

If not fast letdown it could be slow letdown. You could try massaging your breasts before feeds to help it happen quicker?

Or if he has just had a big growth spurt he may be in need of his feeding position adjusting, maybe you are trying to get him to feed in a position that is no longer comfortable for him now that he is bigger?

Or if he is a reflux baby maybe he wants to suck but not feed?

So many reasons for the fussy baby...it is always a long process of elimination :dohh:

Mine is about the same age and started doing the same thing last week. I've figured out that she is actually doing it because she is full - she's just gotten way more efficient at getting the milk out, and I kept thinking that she hadn't had enough because she hadn't been on for that long. So I kept putting her back on when she'd had enough and she was crying and screaming because she just didn't want any more. It doesn't happen every time she feeds, but if she was already cranky to start with, she definitely lets me know when she's had enough.

How long into the feed does it happen with your boy? Could he just be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->