5 year old sickness bug

SophiasMummy

Mummy to Sophia
Reaction score
My LOs been throwing up since this morning. She's slowly been going down hill energy wise throughout the day, she had a nap on the sofa late this afternoon and went to bed half hour ago falling asleep straight away which never happens. She has drunk some water throughout the day but I'm pretty sure she's brought the majority of it back up and she hasn't been to the toilet since this morning she tried before bed but said she didn't have any wee.

Should I be worried?? She's never had a sickness bug before. She's happy as long as she's not being sick at which point she freaks out no matter how many times I've told her it's fine. I'm worried about dehydration.

Sounds normal to me hun. My eldest has had quite a few sickness bugs over the last year. She basically spends the day drifting in and out of sleep. Has a few sips of juice here and there but usually brings it back up straight away. Just let her rest as much as she wants, keep offering her small sips of water/juice (keep the sick bucket handy!) and she will probably feel alot better tomorrow.

Hope she is better soon x

Sounds normal to me hun. My eldest has had quite a few sickness bugs over the last year. She basically spends the day drifting in and out of sleep. Has a few sips of juice here and there but usually brings it back up straight away. Just let her rest as much as she wants, keep offering her small sips of water/juice (keep the sick bucket handy!) and she will probably feel alot better tomorrow.

Hope she is better soon x

Thank you she does seem a lot better today. She's managed to keep everything down. She's slept most of the day but other than being tired and having a headache she says she feels better.

I think it was just a bit of a shock for me and her, as she's managed not to pick up every stomach bug that's gone round before even after being around friends kids the day they've gotten sick.

Get some rehydration sachets in your cupboard for next time. Children won't always drink them (they taste a bit salty but the blackcurrant ones aren't too bad) but its reassuring to have something to combat dehydration when you are worried and they do a better job than water. I'd never tried them before a few years ago, but a nurse recommended them over the phone when I had norovirus and I went from feeling like I was going mad ("the feel of the duvet on my skin makes me ache" and "the noise of my husbands breathing is far too loud - stop breathing!") to feeling still nauseous but with a normal outlook. I had been dehydrated despite drinking water and didn't even know!

Your LOs headache might be partially dehydration.

My boy just had the same thing. D&V started at 5am and he kept nothing down until bedtime when he had some water! He was fine the next day - he was such a trooper though, he kept taking himself off to be sick and would then just climb back into my bed!

I got it a day later and I thought I was dying! He really made me realise how good he had been with it all. I've stocked up on rehydration sachets now.

She's completly better now thanks

My boy just had the same thing. D&V started at 5am and he kept nothing down until bedtime when he had some water! He was fine the next day - he was such a trooper though, he kept taking himself off to be sick and would then just climb back into my bed!

I got it a day later and I thought I was dying! He really made me realise how good he had been with it all. I've stocked up on rehydration sachets now.

Yes sophia had a sick bowl age was so good about keeping it with her. I think it was a bit of a shock for her she hasn't been sick since she was 2 and had never had a sickness bug.

Luckily for me I didn't pick it up. But then I've only ever had a sickness bug twice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->