5 year old wetting the bed every night.

bubblychick

Mum of G & M
Reaction score
DD came out of nappies at night in April and had been dry every night since May. She started back at school (year 1) about 3 weeks ago and has been wet nearly every single night since. Her room and bedclothes constantly stink of wee, she's going through sheets faster than I can wash them I really don't want to put her back in nappies because then she won't stop doing it.

I just don't know what to do I've tried only giving her a small drink with her tea when she gets home from school and not giving her a drink at all and she's still wet.

She has a history of UTIs she was in and out of hospital for ultrasounds and tests last year there was no problems so it might be an UTI I'll see how she goes over the weekend and take her to the doctors next week.

My 4 year old is almost the same. I can't tell if he wets himself on nights where he is so over tired that he's completely sparked out or if it's just a laziness thing and he doesn't know what he's doing

Could be a UTI or maybe stress if something may be bothering her at school.

It's very normal. My dd is almost 5 and I'm still lifting her at night just before I go to bed. I also have bed mats under her sheets(They sale them at Asda or Walmart if your state side) If she's in a single bed you can also get waterproof fitted sheets or dry nights pants but they are a bit babyish to me. Still not to make her feel concern about it because it could make the problem even worse.

Some kids bed wet until 8 and it's still considered normal.

I used to wet the bed aged 5/6 if I had artificial colours (e numbers) in my food. Had to completely cut them out. I remember thinking I was in the toilet so I'd wee then wake and realise

It's very normal. My dd is almost 5 and I'm still lifting her at night just before I go to bed. I also have bed mats under her sheets(They sale them at Asda or Walmart if your state side) If she's in a single bed you can also get waterproof fitted sheets or dry nights pants but they are a bit babyish to me. Still not to make her feel concern about it because it could make the problem even worse.

Some kids bed wet until 8 and it's still considered normal.

I disagree. It's not normal in a previously dry child.

Could also be possible that she's that exhausted that she's sleeping much more deeply than she was before school started. My 5 yr old has been absolutely passing out at bedtime, he's so exhausted from school/afterschool. he sleeps like a rock nowawdays. IT's worth getting checked for a UTI, too, though, just to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->