5 yrs old bedtime?

OmarsMum

Reaction score
What time does your 5 yrs old go to bed? How many hours do they sleep at night?

Omar sleeps at around 8 pm & wakes up at 6:45 am, he seems sleepy in the morning , he didn't need more than 10 hrs of sleep earlier, but I guess this year he's getting tired of the longer hrs at school (7:50 am -2:40 pm)

Joshua goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up between 6-7am.

I make sure Earl is in bed by 7.30 otherwise he's of no use to anyone the next day. He wakes anytime from 6.30 but I wake him if he's not up by 7.15 as we leave for school at 8.15.

On school nights I aim to have him asleep by 8pm, sometimes it's 8.15/30. He's up at 7.45 to start school for 9am and really needs 11/12 hours sleep! On the weekends I tell him he can stay up late but he never lasts after 9pm :haha:

Maybe Omar is needing a couple more hours now that he has long days and is exercising his brain more? The first week of school, Charlie was in bed by 6.30 a couple of times!

Thanks, I'll try to start our bedtime routine at 7 instead of 7.30 & see how it goes.

Esther goes to bed at 8pm. She usually wakes around 6.30 and comes into bed with me and goes back to sleep until I get up which is 7.30.

We aim to get him into bed by 7:30 but he usually argues until 8! He's been waking up at 5:30am which is making him very grouchy! Hoping he settles down once he's used to his school routine.

DD goes to bed at 8pm, she wakes in the night for a wee around 4am and gets in with us, then gets up at 8am.

Goes up between 7-8 sometimes still awake at 9.. Gets up 7 am

8pm..............I say that as she is passed out on the floor as she refused it tonight! But usually 8pm. We tried earlier but she just would never do it. She chose 8pm when she was a newborn an its stuck ever since, at my dads she will literally pass out at 8pm. She does however grumble getting up at 6am, but cannot get her to sleep earlier.

DS is the same give or take 30 mins. At 8 he will get his cuddle stuff together and whine till he goes to bed.

8-8.30 pm and up and wide awake by 6.30am most mornings.

I was hoping school would make him go to bed earlier and sleep a bit more...so far he's back up to around 10 1/2 hours from 10 over the summer but he's fine on that. He's never slept 12 hours at night even as a baby.

Jason goes to bed at 8pm on a weekday and is woken up about 7.45am for school. Saying that, even when he goes to bed, he ends up talking and keeping Alex awake (Alex goes to bed half an hour after Jason) for a good hour, much to my dismay. The amount of times he gets told to shush and go to sleep is ridiculous.

On a weekend he goes to bed at 9pm and he wakes up whenever he wakes up.

Emma seems to be programmed to wake up at 6am no matter what time we put her to bed. I think the best we've ever had us 6:30 - 7am! We take her up to bed for a story at 7pm and she's usually asleep by 8.

My take my nearly 5 year old and 6 year old up at 7.30 for their story and then they're in bed for 8pm :)

They used to go up at 6pm but it was just to early for them and I could hear them chatting till 8pm anyway

Bath at 6.15pm followed by book and bed at 7pm but plays until 7.30pm and gets up when I get in the shower at 6.45am. Weekends he goes to bed at 8pm and wakes around 7.30am.

Sophie's 4.5. On school nights I make sure I'm done with her stories and saying night night to her between 7 and 7.30 and she needs to be up at 7 for school but I think she'd possibly sleep longer some mornings. She often wakes up herself just on 7 but some mornings I do have to wake her and she sometimes sleeps till 7.45 on the weekend. In the past, she's always slept later in the mornings in the winter when it's dark. She is pretty tired since starting school x

School is exhausting for kids! My DD started sleeping more once she started full day school.

We turn the tv off at 6 (she likes to watch one show after dinner) and she heads for a bath, then she gets a snack and quiet play until 7. We read and she is out for the count at 7:30. She just can't function going to bed at 8 or 8:30. She will be 6 in Nov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->