5month feeding routine..share yours!!

ClaireRJM

Reaction score
Been weaning Olivia for about a month n a half or so now & just want to see how others are doing...:thumbup:

8am - 7OZ formula
9am - Approx 10 teaspoons of baby porridge
12 noon - 7OZ formula
1pm - 2 ice cube amounts of pureed veg such as carrott/parsnip/potato/brocolli/cauliflower/sweet potato
4pm - 7OZ formula
5pm - 2 ice cube amounts of the above or pureed fruit
7:30 - Bath
8pm - 7OZ formula then BED!! Sleeps thru till approx 7am....

She not that keen on water/juice so she doesnt really have it. Hows others finding giving their LO's fluids??

I keep thinking about when to start lowering amount of formula & increase solids??? Think for now I'll stick to what we doing & go off her...

Be great hear of others feeding routines 2 compare notes!!! :winkwink:

Average day with Alex,

7am 5oz of milk
8am babyrice or baby porridge (about 5 teaspoons)
10am Sometimes have 2oz of milk but not always
11.30am 5oz of milk then 2 ice cubes of puree (doesnt always eat it)
2.30pm 4or 5oz of milk
5pm 4 or 5oz of milk then 2 ice cubes of puree (again doesnt always eat it)
8.30pm 6oz of milk

I have also started Alex on dairy products i now mash his puree with milk/butter. Also when we are eating as a family Alex is given some if it is suitable if not i give him some finger foods be it a crumpet/pancake/muffin/bread/rice cake/veg stick/fruit.
I will add that the above is on medical advice

I dont plan on cutting Alex's milk i am sure when hes ready he will drop his milk, we did have the diet doc today who agreed with this. Alex is still just a wee toot weighing 14lbs as long as he's gaining weight i am happy going at his pace.

We started BLW just over a week ago (altho he did have a green bean and bit of apple just after turning 5 months but only coz he snatched them off me!) lol

rough rotuine:

7am 8oz milk
7.45 whatever i'm having for breakfast- so far we've done porridge, fruit, toast, one of those little pre made pancakes, some scrambled egg (not all in one day! these r things we've tried since starting)
10/11 8oz milk
12/1- lunch- we're so far done rice cakes, different salas items, peppers, french stick, little bit of wrap, quorn pieces
3pm- 8oz milk
5pm- dinner- so far weve done rasted aubergine, roasted peppers ans onions, potato and leek soup (that was messy!) macaroni cheese, beef stew, tuna steak and veg, chicken and veg
6pm-8oz milk
7pm bed

because we do BLW i don't puree anything and i don't feed him anything and theres nothing thats not allowed providing its not really processed/ sugary/salty...all natural healthy food is allowed so he's offer whatever we're having. He gets a little bowl of food and he picks everything up himself and either eats it or not. With things like soup and porridge i just give him the spoon and he does the rest (most he misses his mouth but he's getting better! he knows what to do with the spoon- he 'dips' it in the food then puts it in his mouth)
with BLW Kian will naturally drop his own feeds as he learns to eat more solids so i have no plans to drop bottles or anything. sometimes he doesn't drink the whole 8oz...infact he's started drinking the whole lot in the morning and wanting more so i'm going to increase that bottle to 9oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->