5months old loosing weight

angelandbump

Working Mum :o)
Reaction score
My son is 5 months old and for the 1st time lost weight. It is only 2.5 oz but is this maybe a sign I should start weaning as he is still ebf?

The health visitor wants us back on Tuesday to check his weight again but he is now on the91st percentile so really, he can afford to looses little but I'd rather he didn't.

Has Anyone else experienced this?

Xx

Not experienced a loss, but definitely a flatline in weight gain around this time. He dropped from 91st% to 65%, but was born on the 25th, so no one worried.
Has he been ill, or teething? Or even sleeping better i guess?
Also how often is he being weighed, you can't get an accurate picture if it's too often.

I would say that bm is more calorie dense than any fruit or veg you can give, so it's best to encourage him to bf more often for weight gain.
Sorry, I hope that's not too preachy.

It wasn't too preachy at all!
He has always been a really good sleeper and he hasn't been unwell. I spoke to the midwife at out local bf baby cafe and she said it is not recommended for bf babies to get weighed weekly as there weight gains can vary and it is normal.
I am getting him weighed again on Tuesday (it's like a routine lol) and I will see what's what.
I just panicked as I am on a diet and I have lost over two stones in 10 weeks and wondered if it affected my milk but I highly doubt it has xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->