6/7 year old boys who are outgrowing toys...

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
What on earth to get them?
He barely ever plays with toys now and is slowing getting into his iPad/gaming *rolls eyes*. He's football mad so some I'll probably get him a new kit/boots but does anyone have any ideas of anything else for their 6/7 year old boys?
Xx

My ds1 will be 6 1/2 at christmas and I'm struggling to think what to get him. Luckily mine isn't so into gaming yet but just isn't really into anything. I did think about getting him a variation on a bike, we saw something called a 'swayer' at a park recently which he loved but when I googke them the designs aren't very appealing

Does he collect anything? There are soooo many collections out there these days. My son has never been into toys much but he loves collecting and surprise bags/blind boxes.

My daughter is 7 on Sunday and she's outgrowing toys too! She loves those blind bags and will play with her shopkins but that's about it really. I was thinking of getting her a new tablet coz her old one was a cheapy one and it's not the best xx

Ours likes Harry Potter so an idea we've got is tickets to the London attraction. Other ideas I had which I liked at that age and I know he will are fun scientific experiments, loads to chose from. Some exciting books for him to grow into?

My boy will be almost 8 at Christmas and I'm having the same problem. He's asked for a mini rocker bmx :shrug: they're like a stunt bike and I'm not overly keen but it's the one and only thing he is after so he may get that with helmet, knee and elbow pads. Then just some books, dvds and a board game. xx

I'm having the same problem!

My son loves scouts so I'm getting him beaver things like a cap, and some books about camping, survival skills etc x

Same problem here. My b/g twins are almost 7. My son isnt really interested in many toys and constantly wants to use the Ipad (which I restrict). He's asking for games consoles which I really don't want to buy yet. He needs a new bike so that's an idea.

I have noticed he's much more capable for things like lego and mechano, which he could never figure out before, so I might get him some of those building sets.
He's also really getting into board games and has a few cheapy sets so I might get him proper wooden ones. I've already got Monopoly Junior stashed away.

His twin sister , however, is the easiest person in the world to buy for. She's still loving her toys. I sometimes think its harder for mums to buy for boys because alot of the stuff they want has no appeal to us. At Christmas, I take my husband into Smyths and he has the Christmas shopping done in 10 mins flat because he just knows what boys like. I'm sure this isn't the case in every household, but certainly for me, Id rather buy sparkly dolls and princess dresses, rather than army tanks!

Thanks girls! He loves board games and I've got my eye on a few of them but I'm still stumped for other ideas! He has so much lego and occasionally plays with it but not enough to warrant buying him more sets (which I end up building) I really want to steer him away from gaming/electronics as I want him to make the most of his childhood so I'm going to have to have a really good think xxx

We are getting Callum a nintendo 3ds...no idea what else to get him though! He isn't in to any kind of sport or anything like this so it's difficult to think of things for him now

Mine is 6 will be 7 in January. We are currently in Florida and he is Harry Potter mad, he has bought himself a wand out of his spending money so I will get him a few hp things. Also going to get him a new scooter, he loves his current scooter but it's a bit worn now. Not getting loads really as we have just booked to come back to Florida next August again 😂🙈

Ugh yes my oldest will be 7 1/2 at christmas and he never plays with toys

My DS is 6 and seems to be the exception to the rule because he gets easier and easier to buy for, I'm hoping it lasts a while longer! He's massively into stationairy so that will feature heavily in his Christmas shopping. Also Lego, Nerf stuff, board games (he's just got into Monopoly and similar games), Harry Potter stuff and books.
DS and DD1 have been watching Milkshake in the mornings during the summer holidays and there are adverts between the shows and they ask for eeeeeverything they see so that helps :haha:. Maybe you could sit your LO down in front of the TV or hand them an Argos catalogue and hope that they see something they like!

Ladt year we got our now 6yr old a Razor Rip Rider 360 Caster Trike, that was a big hit!
I'm struggling this year though as although he likes the idea of toys he doesn't end up playing with them. It's even harder when trying to think of ideas for relatives to get him as well. So far from santa he's getting a bike, and some nerf toys. From grandparents a new stunt scooter and also laser tag (think he'll love this) he's also a big stationary fan 😂 so plenty of stocking filler ideas!

My DS will be 7 in Nov, so birthday and Christmas quite close together.

For Christmas I have relented and am getting an Ipad (Just can't decide between mini and standard size). Reason being I have also bought the LEGO Boost and you need an ipad to control it or tablet and mine is my work one so don't want him to break it.

Other than that it's Lego Star Wars sets, some PS4 games, Lego Chess Set, Minecraft books, Board games (he plays strategic ones with by husband!), books and a drone and action cam.

He also wants more magnatiles, so will get those.

He loves Harry Potter so have got some HP merchandise from Primark for his birthday, but not really presents as duvet etc so will put it all ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->