6 month old and apples, new to blw

JillMc

Reaction score
I am doing blw this time. DD2 is almost 7 month old. Can I give her slices of raw apple to chew on? She has 8 teeth!!! I am trying to find thing for her to eat and she lives real food but gets mad when eating cause she keeps dropping it and thought apples would be easier for her to hold since they aren't as slippery as other foods. I don't want to give her toast and roasted sweet potatoes all the time. Any advice would be appreciated :)

You can. You might find they are still a little hard for her to mush up enough to swallow, but she should be able to scrape some bits off. I found that ripe pear, plums or banana work better than apples as they're softer and easier to mush up in the mouth once baby takes a bite. If you bake whole cored apples with a bit of butter and cinnamon though, it softens them and they're really nice.

Thanks. I know you peel apple and pear but to you peel plums and peaches? I am not a big fruit person, I am more veg :)

Maybe try grating it? I find my LO manages it easier as it sort of clumps together so he can pick it up but isn't one big hard lump in his mouth.

Thanks. I know you peel apple and pear but to you peel plums and peaches? I am not a big fruit person, I am more veg :)

Nope, I don't peel. With a bit of trial and error, they'll work out how to eat it with the peel on and it helps it be a bit less slippy too, I think.

Apple ended up being about the first food LO got propperly (she had little tastes of stuff before that) I just washed it, cut it in half and gave it to her. She ate about 1/4 of an apple! She has parts of two bottom teeth and just scraped and sucked away at it. I've found 1/2 an apple the best shape to hold and chew on, i've also found it works best to peel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->