6 month old foods

OwlBump

Hubby, Son and Bump
Reaction score
So my little man is 6 months on 11th and I'm looking for new or different things for him to try

He's been having thick and thin spoon foods, pretty much every fruit and veg I could get my hands on he loves, baby cereals and rices mixed with formula that kinda thing.

He adore his spoon food and were on breakfast everyday and sometimes supper now as recommended by his HV

Can anything new be given at 6 months?

What about lumps?

I forgot to ask as his last weigh in x

Sounds like he has already had a great variety of foods!
Have you seen anything about babyled weaning. Basically at 6 months your baby can start having things you can have.
I didnt do full BLW as I did spoon feed but my son would have bots of toast, chunks of things like watermelon that hed hold. To start with its more about the fun of food and trying new textures etc so theres a good chance that alot of it wont actually be eaten.
if your not comfortable with that they can eat things like weetabix (much cheaper than baby cereal) yoghurts, different cheeses. Theres also little snacky thigs you can get in the baby isle like carrot puffs that they can hold and suck on

At 6 months he can have anything except for honey, whole nuts and added sugar and salt. So anything you eat. You could mash or puree your own meals that you make for yourself, or start offering it in the form of finger foods. We did BLW, but at 6 months, my daughter was enjoying toast fingers with hummus, cashew butter, or mashed banana/avocado, steamed broccoli florets, and rice cakes. As long as you avoid honey until 1 (it carries a risk of botulism) and whole nuts (they can be a choking risk until they get their molars and can properly chew them), and junk foods or salt/sugar, the sky is really the limit.

I really want to try him with whole foods soon but I'm scared he'll choke :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->