6 months and she's gone off her milk!

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
Hi guys help needed!

Grace is nearly 6 months old and has totally gone off her milk, she could go without it totally (she's having simple purees etc now)

She would be happy with just her food and it's becoming a trsuggle to get her milk into her.

At the moment she has
6oz bottle and then breakfast about an hour later.
Lunch (Puree etc)
Afternoon 6oz bottle
Tea (Puree etc)
6 - 8oz bottle before bed

It's a right handful trying to even get this small amount into her and I'm worried that she's not having enough milk!

She's also atopped sleeping through and is waking up hungry!!

Arghhhh I don't know what to do xx xx

Don't know if this helps but we give Hannah her milk feeds before we give her solids

7:45 4-5 ounces of milk followed by oatmeal with fruit
10/10:30 snack
12 4-6 ounces of milk followed by fruit puree
2:30/3 snack
4:30 4-6 ounces of milk followed by veggie puree
6/6:30 4 ounce bottle than bed
10 (or whenever we go to bed) dream feed 4-6 ounces
altogether I think she averages around 24 ounces per day though some days are less

Alasdair has gone off his milk a LOT lately. I was really worried and asked the HV about it who said that after 6 months it's fine to go down to 3 bottles. Alasdair has actually gone down to 2 bottles (one of 6 and one of 7 oz) and a couple of oz of a third. They said as long as I make sure he has his whole milk, cheese and yoghurt it's fine. The HV also said that when her children got to 8 months they had no formula whatsoever!

I'm a little skeptical that this is okay...but I think 3 bottles is definitely okay.

Thanks, maybe I'll try and give her the milk first.
Also she could be waking early in the night as we dropped our dream feed a while ago but maybe it was too early.

Honestly it's like a mine field this weaning lark!

xx

if this helps my little boy only has 2 9 oz bottles a day and more often than not doesnt drink all of his milk... he prefers food than milk now but i have started giving him milk in his trainer cup in between meal times which gets him to have more milk, he started wakin up in the night but once i changed my scedual into the one below he been alot better... also if he wakes up during the night are u sure he isnt just thirsty try him with some juice during the night cus my little one wake up just for a drink sometimes
his scedual is
6.30am - 9 oz bottle
10.30 am - breakfast made with 3 oz of his milk
2:30 pm - lunch, pudding and a bottle of juice
6:30 pm - dinner, pudding and juice
10:30 pm - 9 oz bottle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members