6 year old birthday presents

Laucu

Reaction score
So... What on earth do I buy for my daughter's 6th birthday, she says she doesn't want anything and declares everything I suggest as 'boring'??

On the one hand, I think it's great that she doesn't want-want-want. But on the other hand, I don't want to spend a load of money on stuff that's just going to gather dust.

She doesn't play with toys that much, she mostly loves to sit and draw. So I know I can get a few arty bits.

I was thinking of just taking her shopping and letting her choose. Any other suggestions?

My DS has this awesome glow board thing. It's a glass window thing with a plastic frame. It has lights in the frame, you draw on it with these dry wipe markers and switch it on and the picture glows. I think my mum paid about £30 for it but it seen a character one jn B&m for about £6.

Eta: crayola seem do do one with a black background. The entertainer also do them and toys r us.

There is a book called "you are an artist" it has crafts ideas and is full of stickers, it's for 6+ yrs. I ordered the book but didn't receive it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Draw-Marta-Altes-Sticker-Activity/dp/1447290771

You can also look into drawing or arts classes as a gift if she likes drawing.

Don't know if your DD is into sewing, but I have got my DD a sewing kit with needles, cotton, bits of fabric, ribbons, felt etc all included. She does sewing club at school so she knows how to use a proper needle and thread.

Did will be 6 on Monday and I've got her a Disney dolls castle. Her Disney dolls and Barbies can fit in it. She already has an actual wooden dolls house and the castle is different

How about a fashion wheel designer or something if shes into drawing? Or maybe a secret diary/ journal

Thanks for your replies! I will investigate.

She has a load of dolls but they never get played with! But she actually has started playing with her playmobil house over the last week which is good, gives me a few more ideas.

Does she like doing outdoors stuff too?, my LO loves arts and crafts too, she isn't really into dolls and hates baby dolls and things so she can be a bit harder to buy for than some.

She's asked for a scooter for her birthday, So she's getting a maxi micro scooter, but she's really fussy about colour so I showed her all the different colours on the website so she could choose. she's getting some play doh stuff (she hasn't been allowed it until now but i gave in) I'm also taking her shopping on her birthday too so she can pick a couple other small things.

What about a kids camera if she doesn't already have one my LO loves to take pictures of everything when we're out walking?

Yeah she had a scooter and a camera already!

I have been thinking about a cheap tablet. But I am in two minds about it, really.

We get a box called toucan box deliver every month which is full of crafts with everything you need for them including paint brushes and glue. Maybe you can get a subscription. My daughter loves them. We have most expensive which is 4 crafts and a book. They have different topic each month

We get a box called toucan box deliver every month which is full of crafts with everything you need for them including paint brushes and glue. Maybe you can get a subscription. My daughter loves them. We have most expensive which is 4 crafts and a book. They have different topic each month

We have had a toucan box before. Was realy Good. We get the weekend boxes now. I think it's about £7 per box. You can get them weekly, fortnightly or monthly. DS loves them.

That's a great idea - I did try them over the summer holidays and she enjoyed them a lot.

We decided to get her a bike for her birthday - now I just have to figure out Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->