6 year old daytime incontinence

hope79

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Long time no hear? It's been a looong time since I've been on the boards, but need some motherly input. Rayne was born last year (8/22/12), and seemingly my 6 year old went back to being a baby. My husband and I also have a 13 year old, which at the moment doesn't pose any problems. The issue lately, is that the 6 year old is lightly wetting himself during the day. It is beyond frustrating, because once we potty trained him as a toddler, he never once wet the bed. He doesn't fully pee through his clothes, but it's enough to wet the undies he's wearing, and causes an awful stink (of course). We originally figured he was missing the days that he was a baby, and is trying to somewhat be one again. He talks in baby talk from time to time, but the wetting is so frustrating!! :nope: Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, have you found a solution to this? We talk to him about it, spend time with him so he doesn't feel lost with the new baby around...but nothing seems to be working. I've scheduled a doctor appointment for him next week so we can rule out any bladder issues....but I need mom input please!

My first thought would be a uti tbh, can out of hours not see him for a sample

My DD wets herself during the day. She's 8. She's the only one of my kids that does it, and she's the eldest.

We've ruled out UTIs. For the moment we're just living with it. I make her give herself a shower every time she does it.

Frustrating but I'm not sure what else to do.

My son is 6, but has autism so only been dry for a year. However, I have noticed that he misses the toilet at times and only has wet pants and never trousers. Is it possible he's doing that?

No, I definitely can say he's not doing that. The only reason I know is because he uses the restroom with the door open (at least when he's home). We have a doctor appointment today to rule out any conditions, but I think that part of it is just him being lazy and not getting up to go to the restroom when he really feels it coming on; and the other part could be that he is not "shaking" when he's done, and therefore is dribbling in his underwear. His pants are never wet, but we shall see. I'll make sure to update you guys after today's appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->