6 year olds weight

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Concerned older sister here!

My little sister is 6, quite tall for her age and weighs a shocking 2 and a half stone. :shock:
She is without a doubt skinnier than all her classmates and mum has a nightmare trying to get clothes to fit. Doctors arent concerned at all and say she is a healthy weight for her age but we dont think so. Her waist is smaller than Lucy's - a pair of 9 -12 month shorts that were too tight on Lucy fitted her perfectly!

Anyone know how much a 6 year old should weigh?

my little girl is nearly 6 and is tall for her age (she towers above the rest of her class lol) and she weighs 3.6 stone, so thats only a stone heavier than your sis.......sounds like shes just going to be tall & skinny,lucky girl!:hugs:

Dont worry hun, shes obviously fine or someone would have picked up on a problem if there was one.:hugs:

My little girl is 6 as well and she is tall and skinny, I have had her to a number of doctors because i felt she was too slim but they say there is nothing to worry about, she is only a few pounds heavier than her little brother and he's only 3. Sophie-louise is a very fussy eater aswell.

I can't give you any advice hun cause I have the same problem.xx

Thanks ladies. My sister is a really fussy eater - it all started when she was 4 and one of the chubbier girls in her class called her fat :shock:

glad to hear shes not the only one whos a bit tall and skinny! Im the opposite :( lucky little thing!

my son is 7 years old and is 2 stone 11lb and hes really skinnny..i have always been concerned about his weight but always been reassured that its healthy. xx

I have a boy and he is 6 and only 3 stone. He is very skinny...that's if I did the conversion right haha..he's 42lbs. He's pretty tall at 46in. I really wouldn't be concerned about her weight but I would be about her eating, only from what that girl said to her. It might sound crazy but even kids can have eating disorders and if it started at the same time that happened I would really look into it, it would only get worse IF that's why she isn't eating.

Hi hun, my daughter will be 10 in 4 weeks time and she is only 4stone 10lbs. She is soooo skinny but she is tall. she eats really really well. She loves her dinners. Guess she is just lucky and has a good metabolism!!

I wouldnt worry to much hun I have an 11 year old son who is only 5stone 4lbs, he is so skinny and tall, he is almost as tall as me (5'6). I think she is fine, but I would worry about the eating if it started after a "fat" comment, poor little mite.

my sister is 15 and only 5 stone! she's never been sick, not even a cold and is the fittest in the family! as long as the child doesnt have food issues and is healthy then its all good : ) just dont make a big deal of it, although most ppl want to be thin my sister is very self concious about how skinny she is and doesnt like it being joked about

I don't think you need to wirry. I had one in class (albeit that was in year 5 though) who only weight 20kg at a height of maybe 1,40 at the age of 10 and she was perfectly healthy .

my son is q10 and a half and only weighs 4st 2 doc says hes fine though i wouldnt worry

I wouldnt worry to much hun I have an 11 year old son who is only 5stone 4lbs, he is so skinny and tall, he is almost as tall as me (5'6). I think she is fine, but I would worry about the eating if it started after a "fat" comment, poor little mite.

My step brother is 11 and weighs 9 stone! :shock: more than me. Almost twice your little boy how bad is that?

Depends on the girl's size really like height wise and her build.

I weighed 38lbs in kindergarten!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->