Ouch! I've never had them as bad, but I was told years ago to cut a small groove (v shape) into the middle of the nail it makes it tend to grow away from the flesh of the toe to close the gap :shrug: It seems to work so I do it if I feel any tenderness in my big toe and it's never gotten to infection stage

xx

i had this a couple of years back in my right big toe and it was a bloomin nightmare so i know how you feel! it got infected and the course of antibiotics didn't do the trick, so they ended up removing the nail (ouch)... it of course was horrible but now it's grown back its much better. i hope you don't get to this stage- i just advise that you keep your toes really clean and don't wear silly shoes ( i did this and it made it much worse ) and definately try the v shape that the above poster suggested! hope it gets better for you soon! xx

Thanks ladies!
Wow, I'm not sure I could cut it in to a V the thought makes me cringe!
I'm off to the docs this week, I want to ask him to remove them both as it's so painful now, but then I'll have horrible feet in time for summer :blush:
Was it really painful having them off?x

well your toes will be numb so that bit just feels weird! after the anisthetic wears off it's just a bit of a funny stingy sensation, it's not the worst pain ever :flower: good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->