i read a story on closeronline about a girl who got caught pregnant and still binge drinks because she doesn't want her friends to think she's boring :| her OH doesn't know and she passes off her hangovers/throwing up as morning sickness. i think drinking to excess is disgusting. personally i had the odd glass of wine here and there, but not on a regular basis. xx

I don't drink at all during pregnancy. And I get that there are some doctors out there that may give the ok (so I've heard), but it just seems very wrong to me...

But I don't judge people as long as they're doing what they think is safe for their baby, even though I may not agree with it. However, when I hear of someone downing half a bottle of wine or a few rum and cokes I find it a bit sickening.

As far as what you said about it being linked to Autism... did they specify how much alcohol was/would need to be consumed by the mother? Or is it unknown?

Me personally won't touch a drop of alcohol when I fall pregnant. I'm not a big drinker anyway I hate the hangovers more than anything, and my friends already think I'm boring so I won't have to worry about that lol not that I would anyway.

If someone wanted the occasional glass of wine here and there then that's fine, it's their choice. But it's when people carry on drinking like they normally would to get drunk which winds me up the most. You're pregnant, you need to make sacrifices for your baby otherwise you're denying them the best possible start to life!

I don't drink much, and haven't since I became pregnant - mainly because when I drink I lose all inhibition regarding food and eat everything in sight. Frankly, I don't want all the extra calories!!!!

I think pregnancy is the one time in your life where you need to think unselfishly. It's 9 months, not 9 years. The greatest gift you can offer your child when it starts out in this world is not physical things, but it's health.

I think getting regularly getting drunk in pregnancy is wrong and will hurt the baby.

I think a one or two of glasses of wine like if there is a special occasion or something would be okay. I can see why people dont want to risk the tiniest bit of alcohol or runny egg or whatever else. But the guidelines do change a huge amount over the years. It isnt that long ago pregnant women were incourged to drink Guinness. Not at obviously i agree with that lol

I think the odd thing on occasion is okay if youre okay with it. But you really should be trying to change your lifestyle for 9 months so you can get your baby here as healthy and safely as they can be

Im abit militant on this- if you decide to have your baby, there are things you have to accept- you are no longer number 1. Drinking in pregnancy is showing disregard for your own child. I know its not an identical comparison, but I love liver, but as much as I craved it, I had to wait till I had given birth. Why take the risk? alcohol is a toxin, why do you need it. Interesting about FAS. X

I think its terrible to get drunk in pregnancy, there is having a drink and there is drinking too much, you have to take responsibility for the child your carrying, too many people taking drinking 2/3 glasses of wine at a time as ok in pregnancy because thats their normal amount and so they think it won't do any harm, one of oh's work colleagues was joking with us that the christmas after her lo was born she didn't realise how much she had drunk and that her lo didn't wake up for ages after that to which I thought wtf how can that be funny!!! :dohh: I think once a baby hits viability it should have the same rights as when its born

I dont agree with drinking at all whilst pregnant.

I didnt touch a drop while carrying my baby. :)

I had the occasional shandy and very small glass of red wine now and again, maybe once a month or less on average, for a teenager that had just turned 18 I was quite proud of my willpower. I don't think they'res ANY excuse to drink in excess when knowingly pregnant, it's as bad as taking drugs in my book

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->