6yr old started being mardy

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
DD is usually very sensible but recently she is always mardy. Nothing triggers it or there isn't a reason I can see, just wants to be mardy and pull a face about everything. I end up reacting or shouting at her for being stroppy for no reason and today she told me to not shout at her. I know it's my fault that I was wrong there but I guess that's why I'm here to understand and handle it better. What should I do?

Omar is the same, no matter what we do for him he ends up sulking for no reason.

I try not to shout, I just move away and tell him firmly that I will not talk to him until he gets out of this mood or talk about it & explains his reasons for pulling a face.

I struggle with it, my cousin is 9 but he's always like this & it is exhausting to his whole family as it ruins their day.

I can handle it in the right way most of the time & hubby is helpful, but my issue is not with how to handle it, my concern is with the behavior itself & how to end it.

I wouldn't mind it when he's tired or sleepy or when there is a valid reason but when it starts out of nowhere or for silly reasons it annoys me.

On Saturday we took him out to the mall, he played & ate there, then we went to another mall to let him choose the bedding & accesories for his new room & to buy some books, he was fine and having fun, but once we went to the car & he noticed the time he sulked & started to blame us for "wasting" his time as there is no time left to play at home. His attitude ruined the whole nice day!

We have a rule in this house that we dont shout at eachother. Zoe HATES me shouting at her, far more than I would care if she shouted at me, it makes a good rule though.

I also watch how I talk to her, so for example she came out of school the other day and used a really nasty sarcastic tone to me. I firmly said, do I talk to you like that 'no' do you want me to start talking to you like that, im happy to make it a two way street 'no mummy im sorry' and she wound her neck in.

I think they try things, see their peers doing stuff and try to see what they can get away with. I wont have a bad attitude in my house. Its okay for her to be frustrated, to be angry even but she needs to express that in a way that I dont find offensive and that is a two way relationship

Sit down with her say for example im going to try and change that I shout, but I want you to try and change X about how you behave. Make it a mutual thing and youll have a happier house

Thanks for the tip guys. It really is moody over nothing that bothers me so I can't tell her to discuss it out but my plan was that today after school we both sit down and I apologise an explain I want her to not just be mardy too.

I felt awful but this was last night an no time to chat in morning. I don't want her parting from me an know that relationships need to continue to be built on. I may also need to be more tolerant? Up till now we used to have discussions about emotions an how we felt but the moodiness over nothing has hit my nerve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->