7 days late and 7 Negative Urine Tests :(

sarah876

Reaction score
Right I am 35 and have 3 children 17, 13 and 6 and in oct 2010 i missed my AF. Then after about 4 days started spotting so i took pregnacy tests because i felt pregnant all negative, 2 weeks after missed AF i went to my GP who did another urine test (No5) and it was negative i told him i felt pregnant and he reasured me i wasnt and booked me in for a scan incase anything else was wrong and also did some blood tests, 1 week later started bleeding but really bad and was in a lot of pain went to out of hours gp she did another test that was also negative but admitted me into hospital because i was tachycardic and in alot of pain.
I had 2 further tests on the ward both negative then had an external and internal scan that showed i had a fibroid, stayed in hosi for 3 days with heavy bleeding, which they put down to the fibroid even though its tiny 1cm in diameter they couldn't explain it.
Then when i got home there was a letter off my gp asking me to book an appointment and come in and see them. I did and first thing she said was your HCG blood tests are back, congratulations your pregnant i explained everything that had gone on and was sent back to hospital with suspected ectopic pregnancy immediately. There i had another test (no9) that said negative so they gave me a further 2 blood tests. Both showed my hcg level was coming down from the one my GP did and that i had, had a MC. I was devastated and still wonder if i did something wrong now. I was also upset at my GP for not listening to me.

So for next 3 months tried again and again and again and nothing then after my period in Jan decided enough was enough, my partner and I did the buisness twice 5th Feb and 14th, never did it in the favorable positions for conceiving never lifted bum or layed down for 30mins after. In fact Feb 5th was 2 days after i should of finished ovulating, I went and got a bath straight after sex and then we out for a drink .

Since the MC I have had 4 regular 26 day cycles, I excepted a new job offer in work was feeling like i was getting my life on track and just concentrating on the 3 kids i already have. My AF was due on on Thursday 17th Feb, guess what no AF, now a week late had 7 tests all negative my cycle is like clock work even after the MC it went back to normal, i have 3 kids and the only time i was ever late in my life was when i was pregnant.
When my AF was due I had the most painful backache and griping period type pain the whole time, then it eased off now aching again and still no menses, so back to Gps i went, this time there listening and i have had a blood test today but scared now that my hcg level is so low hence why its not getting picked up in urine, that maybe i cant sustain a pregnancy or im going through some kind of early menopause or theres something else wrong down below.

The lady who took my blood said that sometimes quite rarely hcg level can be too high and wont show up because the test doesn't understand it, the prozone effect (hook effect), what the hell it that??? I think i might be going mad and actually want my period to come because don't think i could go through another MC anyone else had false negatives??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->