7 days old with a nasty cold

S

Serene123

My mum was ill and stayed away from baby untill yesterday when she was pretty much over it but not completely. Now unfortunately my little munchkin has it. Her breathing is horrible, her throat sounds so sore, and she is finding it really hard to settle. She has the sneezes too. It's horrible.

:(:(

aw, I hope she gets better! just a little seezeing and coughing can be normal.

if it keeps up I would call her doc....even though there isn't must to be done...... so I have learned.

Ah hope she's feeling better soon, btw way love your avatar...so cute!! x x

Hope she feels better. I know it's hard when they are sick. Colton has been sick twice, and each time his feedings go down and he gets really clingy, coughs, has a sore throat, and a runny nose. I always feel so bad for him.

Bless her! I got a cold from the hospital when I was in having him and he got it a few days later :( It was awful as he had a really blocked nose and obviously didn't know he could breathe through his mouth instead ^^

to help her clear her airwaves, try sitting her in her bouncer in the bathroom with the shower on so that the steam helps. also try to keep her elevated as much as poss. liam had a cold at a week old too and this is what my doc told me to do x

Thats a great idea! Midwife said there was nothing we could do....lol typical !

Yup, the steam works miracles by the way toria! Give it a go. Also helps with croup, if anyone else has bother with that x

A humidifier helps a lot. Izzie sneezes a lot, I think it's because they aren't used to all the stuff in our air.

You can also put a drop or two of breastmilk in their nose and that will help clear up their cold in a day or two.

:hug:

Her breathing sounds alot better. She's still coughing and her nose is quite bunged up but she doesn't seem half as bad as yesterday. :)

Thats great, it could just be that she still has to get rid of some mucous :)

Bless her, Jack was like this for his first week or two :(

her nose is quite bunged up but she doesn't seem half as bad as yesterday. :)

Hey Toria, i use this on Rhiannon whe she has a stuffy nose, you can use it from birth :).. hope gorgeous gets well soon X

https://www.asda-pharmacy.co.uk/details.asp?productid=NACND10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->