7 month old dramatic reduction in nursing

starlight2801

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My 7 month old baby has reduced the amount he has been nursing and is taking next to no milk during the day.

I have tried him with EBM from a bottle and various types of cups to see if he will take it that way but he is refusing milk in all of these ways as well as from the breast.

He breastfeeds at 5am and again before bed and then had 1-2 night feeds.

He is gaining weight but I still worry he isn't feeding enough.

The health visitor thinks I should just increase his solids, especially dairy. He is on 3 meals per day now but only 3 ice cubes per meal and I don't think he would take more.

Does anyone else have a baby that has gone off milk? x

Anyone?

I have now had conflicting advice from a different health visitor who was horrified that he isn't drinking milk during the day.

On top of that my little man's tummy doesn't seem to be reacting well to all the dairy so I'm having to cut things out and introduce them gradually again until I find the culprit :-(

As usual the doctor isn't interested as he's gaining weight.

Don't know what to think/do aside from perhaps just carrying on as I was and trust that he is drinking at night. The problem is because I'm in a zombiefied state I'm not really sure how much he's feeding and how much he's comfort sucking.

My LO did the same around 7 months, and I was a little concerned. I actually decreased from 3 solid food meals to 2, and she went back to normal milk consumption. I guess you just have to find that balance. I feel like anytime before 1 year it's more important for her to get her calories from milk than from solids.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not alone here.

I feel milk is more important too despite what the one health visitor said.

Which solid meal did you cut out? Was it lunch?

It varies from day to day, depending on our schedule. LO goes to daycare 3 days a week, and the other 4 days she home with either myself or DH. On daycare days she eats lunch there, so we will often skip either breakfast or dinner.The other days it's just whatever is most convenient. She's happy to eat whatever, whenever, so I don't worry too much about a routine.

Thanks for your reply. I've been on hols and not been on for a week.

On holiday he nursed more frequently through the day and had two solid meals so seems to be working at the minute

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->