7 month old food questions

laura109

Reaction score
My daughter currently has 7oz milk 7.30 porridge or weetabix at 9.00 lunch a jar or scrambled eggs or toast with yoghurt or a baby snack... 3pm a 7oz bottle 5.30pm home made veggies and mushed up fruit. 7.30 7oz
then at 11.00 she is having a 7oz dreamfeed.

we have tried cutting out the dreamfeed but she wakes up about 1am. if i cut hhe afternoon bottle out id feel she was not havibg alot of milk through the day.

any body think theres any changes we need to make? shes a fab eater and will eat anything. also what are your babies eating and feeding?

I think that sounds fine. I wouldn't try to cut out any of her milk feeds. Just keep offering them until she doesn't want them anymore, which will happen on its own once she's eating more solids during the day. We did BLW, but at 7 months, my daughter was having 2 meals a day (I think breakfast and lunch?) plus 5 milk feeds (1 during the night). She started to eat enough food around 9 months that she dropped her nighttime feeds (not a dreamfeed, usually around 1 or 3am) and then her daytime feeds started to reduce from there until she was having 3 milk feeds a day, plus 3 meals and 2 snacks at a year. She still has plenty of time for that to happen though, so no rush. I think that sounds great.

shes had mince. do you think pork and chicken are ok?

I think at 7months I wouldn't want to try to reduce milk intake. Introduce whatever foods you like to cook (as food is culturally relevant as well as nutritionally) and if she takes to eating she'll drop milk on her own. If it takes her a bit longer to get to grips with certain textures tastes she'll still have the milk to provide her nutrition.

Why not try adding tiny baby pasta shapes or rice to her dinner? I did that with my youngest from 7.5 months (two weeks ago!).

Also yes, in response to the question about meat, you can give pork or chicken but you may need to ensure the pieces are very small as meat is hard for babies to chew and it can be a choking hazard.

Also yes, in response to the question about meat, you can give pork or chicken but you may need to ensure the pieces are very small as meat is hard for babies to chew and it can be a choking hazard.

I never cut meat small. Sometimes small peices are more of a choking hazard because they are harder for a baby to manipulate with their mouth and they try to swallow without chewing. I suppose it is all about knowing your own baby and their limits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->