7 month old gags alot...

AC1987

Mom of 2 DD's
Reaction score
So for the last month and a half my baby has been eating solids, purees.. she seems interested in finger foods, and can manage rice rusks mostly... but those puffs she gagged on, I had to flip her over my arm and pat her back, it was kinda scary! And then she finally puked and it got out of her throat.... I've never even heard of choking on puffs as I thought they were supposed to dissolve with saliva.
And then I've tried bread crusts too, and that too she can't handle... I know she is young still but I want her to get used to texture too.. :wacko:

The only time my little one gagged so bad that I almost had to flip her over and smack the food out was when she was eating puffs. I thought it was a fluke but it happened a second time in the same sitting so I stopped giving them to her.

As for the bread, I would keep trying it. Are you toasting the bread at all? I think it is easier for them to manage when it is toasted. Some gagging is normal, and she will learn what to do very quickly.

Ahhh! So I should just skip the puffs for now... hey my 2 year likes them I'll give it to her :D

The bread it wasn't toasted so maybe that's why... and it wasn't the usual gag it was the flailing arms looking like she couldn't breathe... the scary gagging... I had to get it out with my finger :nope:

I found non-toasted bread to be a little difficult for my sons when they began weaning. Lightly toasted was better. Gagging is normal as gag reflex is further forward on the tongue at that age. And I would skip anything that caused heavy gagging and try again with it in a month or so :)

They really are ALL different, I keep comparing her to DD1 who could handle puffs and bread fine at that age LOL

Yes I found Liam tolerated things that Eamon never even tried without spitting out at the same age, lol. It was an eye-opener for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->