• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

7 month old refusing to sit up

A

AndreZZ

My baby is 7 months old in a few days and absolutely refuses to sit up unassisted. She hates sitting (unless in the bumbo/high chair) and screams and cries of I try and get her to sit on her own. Then she'll proceed to rI'll onto her tummy and try and crawl instead.
Any advice/tips? Should I be concerned? Didn't have this issue with my other 3...

I wouldn't worry at all. My nephew hated sitting and would not do it until he was about 9 months old, maybe even closer to 10. It's okay. He was completely capable of doing everything he wanted to do, and he caught up as soon as he decided he wanted to sit up like the big people. :) In fact, he started walking at 11 months, and it seemed like he hit all of his milestones at once!

Thank you I guess that's kinda what I needed to hear. She is a very stubborn girl that's for sure!

if it helps, my son was (still is) very headstrong and will o things only when he feels the need to.. no attempt of making him sit upright yielded anything, unless he was ready.. and that was at 8 months.. he loved to crawl away, but starting 9.5 months was when he could get himself into sitting from lying down and that is when he became more confident.. they all come around :)

Mine didn't sit up til 7 months. She would a little bit for like 3 seconds and then tip over. Sometimes they don't and it's perfectly normal. She started to sit up regularly from about 7.5 months.

I think she's just one of those babies (like you all have said) that will do it only when she wants to and not when I want her to. Thank you for all the support!

Mine just started at 7.5 months. He has reached all other milestones so I'm not concerned about the lateness. My mom said my brother was 8 months before he sat, and he's very athletic now, so obviously it didn't mean there's a problem.

Don't stress about it, they will only do these things when they want to xx

My LO will hardly sit up and he is 8 months this month, he can do it but not particularly well so he just don't even bother trying, he is better at standing than sitting at the moment :dohh:

I would try not to worry, they're all different, dd2 was sitting at 4.5 months and dd3 was near 10 months, you wouldn't be able to tell now though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->