7 Months Old - To Fluff or Not to Fluff?

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hey girls.

I'm thinking of switching to cloth nappies, but I have to say I'm a little nervous (and somewhat excited!!!) about what I need to get to start us off.

I intend on washing every other day - Evie gets thru around 6 sposies a day (occasionally more if she's had alot of fruit) so I'm guessing around 15 nappies would do to start?
How about night time? Do you girls use your fluffs at night too? Or sposies? What happens there.
Does anyone know of any good nappy starter kits that are good value?

I feel like such a noob lol!

they make night nappies . bamboo nappies are absorbant i know alot of these ladies like totsbots bamboozle stretchies for night time.
i'd say 15 nappies is enough to start with :)

You can buy specific night nappies but you can also just get a normal pocket nappy and put extra padding in it (boosters) and that will do the same job on most nappies. A lot of it is just trial and error. I do trial kits that contain different nappies, this can be mixed up to suit you. Have free delivery on at mo too. A lot of boroughs in London do incentive schemes aswell which normally comprises of a voucher redeemable at certain stores. The average incentive is £30 but one London borough is £58 so could be worth checking out for you :flower:

:wave:
my friend started at 8/9 months so not too late! youd still be saving loads on nappies and landfill!
i started out with a bumgenius multipack and pop ins multipack. i now have tons of all diffreent ones lol!
Check out the stickies at the top of this section for info in getting started. And the nappy swap & sell thread for bargains! You could start out with a few and see how you get on, although bear in mind you might get on with some types / fits better than others, which is why they say not to get loads of the same type but to try different ones first.
we still use sposies at night sometimes as we havent found the ideal night nappies yet!
you'll always find everyone more than willing to answer q's etc as we are all obsessed :haha:

I'm so excited, I've made my first order...some ebay cheapies but it's a pack of 6 complete with inserts for £17.. I thought that might give me some indication of wether we can do this or not lol! Wont be getting those for over a week tho so I'm thinking I might need something to keep me going for now :haha:

I'm looking for preloved nappies too, so that I can make up my mind about which branded ones to get :thumbup:

Hey hun, I think you should go for it but then we would say that :haha:

I am selling a pretty girlie medium Upsy Daisy side snap pocket nappy if you are interested. Pics in the swap and sell thread above :flower:

xxx

Thanks Pops hun, I dunno if I'm being dense but I couldnt find your post about the Upsy Daisy fluff lol!

*Silly question alert*
When it comes to changing the nappies (the all in ones) do you just take out the liner, put in a fresh one and off you go again? Or does the whole nappy (the outer shell) have to be changed to a fresh one?

all in ones come with the outer attached with fitteds and prefolds you dont always need to change wraps with pockets and aio you need to change whole nappy i have a lovely medium itti for sale if your interested and hello kitty fitted nappy

Ooo Hello Kitty eh? Loving the sound of that one! Are there pics of those in the buy/swap section?

And thanks for clarifying my question!

wait a min ill post it u here saves u looking through

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/markb2006/Snapshot_20100629_1.jpg

Omg it's gorgeous! :cloud9:

How much you want for that one? Is it an AIO? What size is it? LOL sorry for all the questions!

its a fitted hun you will need to get a pretty wrap for it, its a large hun, was looking for £10 posted but open to offers hunx

i have many nappies for sale hun inc birth to potty pockets, medium pocket, boosters. and brand new nappy pail i have 5 dont need that many nappy pails lol

i have many nappies for sale hun inc birth to potty pockets, medium pocket, boosters. and brand new nappy pail i have 5 dont need that many nappy pails lol

5 nappy pails?! LOL! One for each room ;)
The birth to potty pockets sound ideal actually, much more what I'm after :thumbup: Altho I do love that Hello Kitty one! I was looking at Fleece Soakers... are they any good as wraps?
I might have to wait till next week to buy them tho as I'm still waiting for my bank to put funds in my PayPal account lol, apparently it takes 7 days!

Thanks Pops hun, I dunno if I'm being dense but I couldnt find your post about the Upsy Daisy fluff lol!

*Silly question alert*
When it comes to changing the nappies (the all in ones) do you just take out the liner, put in a fresh one and off you go again? Or does the whole nappy (the outer shell) have to be changed to a fresh one?

No worries lovely, this is the nappy :hugs:

xxx

Attachments

• Upsy Daisy.jpg
    Upsy Daisy.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Upsy Daisy 2.jpg
    Upsy Daisy 2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
Lol I'm a complete muppet :rofl: I was looking for a nappy that had Upsy Daisy from ITNG on it!!! :rofl:

:haha:

we sometimes use fleece covers or fleece pants, they seem to work well although I couldnt see how they work :dohh: same with wool! I prefer pockets / aios / sios as well though. ive also got quite a few i need to part with lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->