7 months solids ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Just got a few questions

How much does your baby have at 7 months ?
Charlie has breaky then half jar lunch and half jar dinner does this sound enough ?
I give him solids straight after milk should i wait as he doesnt seem to interested ?
How long does your baby wait for solids after milk ?
Am i suppose to drop a milk feed as he doesnt have alot on his first milk feed of the day ?

thanks im getting confused on what i should be doing xxx

How much does your baby have at 7 months ? Charlie has breaky then half jar lunch and half jar dinner does this sound enough ?
Colton had a full Stage 2 jar.. so, 4oz/3 times a day. Every baby may not be as hungry though, and some could be hungrier. At 7mo, he should be able to tell you when he is full by turning his head, not opening his mouth, etc.

I give him solids straight after milk should i wait as he doesnt seem to interested ? How long does your baby wait for solids after milk ?
You can wait, alot of people do. Colton's ranges, theres no set time after his feed. But Ithink the general wait time is 30min-1hour after the bottle.

Am i suppose to drop a milk feed as he doesnt have alot on his first milk feed of the day ?
I never dropped a milk feed with Colton, and actually Colton still drinks every three hours during the day (8oz). He tends to take less in the morning; so normally I dont feed him as soon as he wakes. Like, right now, he woke almost 20min ago.. and he still isn't telling me he's ready for a bottle.

Max is almost 7 months this is how he eats the lil porker :

Breaky is@ 8am ( 1 jar of cereal with cows milk (and half a yogurt )
bottle of 6 oz @ 9am
Lunch is @ 12pm ( 1 jar of fruit and the other half of his yogurt )
Bottle of 6 oz @ 2pm
Snack @ 4pm (rusk or soft bites )
Bottle of juice about 4 oz
Supper @ 6pm (veggies & meat or pasta)full jar
Dessert ( fruit) less then half a jar
And bed time snack a slice of apple or banana :)

Hannah is 7.5 months just now andget:

BF around 6am
Bowl of baby cereal at 9am
8oz bottle @ 12 noon
yogurt with organic ruskit at 1pm
8oz bottle @4pm
jar of stage 1 food + 4 carrot sticks @5pm
10oz bottle @7-730pm

How much does your baby have at 7 months ? Charlie has breaky then half jar lunch and half jar dinner does this sound enough ?
Colton had a full Stage 2 jar.. so, 4oz/3 times a day. Every baby may not be as hungry though, and some could be hungrier. At 7mo, he should be able to tell you when he is full by turning his head, not opening his mouth, etc.

I give him solids straight after milk should i wait as he doesnt seem to interested ? How long does your baby wait for solids after milk ?
You can wait, alot of people do. Colton's ranges, theres no set time after his feed. But Ithink the general wait time is 30min-1hour after the bottle.

I never dropped a milk feed with Colton, and actually Colton still drinks every three hours during the day (8oz). He tends to take less in the morning; so normally I dont feed him as soon as he wakes. Like, right now, he woke almost 20min ago.. and he still isn't telling me he's ready for a bottle.

thanks, charlie is the same in the morning hes never hungry for a while when he wakes up xxx

Max is almost 7 months this is how he eats the lil porker :

Breaky is@ 8am ( 1 jar of cereal with cows milk (and half a yogurt )
bottle of 6 oz @ 9am
Lunch is @ 12pm ( 1 jar of fruit and the other half of his yogurt )
Bottle of 6 oz @ 2pm
Snack @ 4pm (rusk or soft bites )
Bottle of juice about 4 oz
Supper @ 6pm (veggies & meat or pasta)full jar
Dessert ( fruit) less then half a jar
And bed time snack a slice of apple or banana :)

wow he does love his food :rofl:

Jack now has:
7am - bottle
10am - 1 weetabix
12pm - bottle, half a jar of stage 2 food & a yogurt
4pm - whole jar of stage 2
7pm bottle then half a weetabix

Will maybe have a rice cake or carrot stick in between, but he tends to start eating them then crush them to a pulp in his fist:dohh:

Noah's corrected age is 8 months,
He has yogurt in the AM usually about half the container
then 4-6oz bottle
Lunch sometimes he will only eat 4 bits,other half a jar of stage 2
then bottles every 3 hours
Dinner-half a jar of stage 2
I also give him a teething cookie, he's not a big eater and worry he isn't eating enough, but oh well

George is 6 and a half months..

8am- bowl of porridge with fruit and a 7/8oz bottle
11.30am- dinner which is about 3/4oz of meat and veg and a drink of water or milk if needed (in beaker)
2.30pm- 8oz bottle
5pm- tea, 3/4oz of veg
6.30pm- 8oz bottle

Jack now has:
7am - bottle
10am - 1 weetabix
12pm - bottle, half a jar of stage 2 food & a yogurt
4pm - whole jar of stage 2
7pm bottle then half a weetabix

Will maybe have a rice cake or carrot stick in between, but he tends to start eating them then crush them to a pulp in his fist:dohh:

does he go from 12 - 7pm without a bottle, thats good i wish charlie would do that through the night at least , have you cut out a bottle ?

Noah's corrected age is 8 months,
He has yogurt in the AM usually about half the container
then 4-6oz bottle
Lunch sometimes he will only eat 4 bits,other half a jar of stage 2
then bottles every 3 hours
Dinner-half a jar of stage 2
I also give him a teething cookie, he's not a big eater and worry he isn't eating enough, but oh well

charlie doesnt seem that botherd about solids as long as he has his milk though hes fine im going to start waiting after his milk before giving him solids now x

Me thinks my boy eats too much :)

I normally wait 1/2 hour after his morning milk feed before giving breakfast.

The other meals I don't give at the same time as a bottle. He gets bottle at 10, lunch at 12, bottle at 2, supper at 5:30 (1 1/2 stage 2 jars) and then bottle at 7:15.

His breakfast is normally a bit of a struggle if he wakes up hungry and guzzles his whole bottle too quickly.

does he go from 12 - 7pm without a bottle, thats good i wish charlie would do that through the night at least , have you cut out a bottle ?
Yes I have cut out the tea time bottle, so he goes from approx 12pm til 7pm without milk - Jack has never been a big milk drinker, & will often only take 2oz if he has too many bottles, so by cutting this one out he tends to drink more of the other bottles he has - he drank 7oz of his 7pm bottle tonight. I also find that if he has a tea time bottle, he wont drink his bed time bottle, he gets tired around 6.30 & find it a struggle to keep him awake so his tea & 'supper' are rather close so found dropping the tea time bottle easiest as I like him to have milk before bed. He then normally perks up for a bit after his bottle & weetabix supper & is then ready for bed at about 8pm. He will then sleep through until 6.30-7am:happydance:

Yes I have cut out the tea time bottle, so he goes from approx 12pm til 7pm without milk - Jack has never been a big milk drinker, & will often only take 2oz if he has too many bottles, so by cutting this one out he tends to drink more of the other bottles he has - he drank 7oz of his 7pm bottle tonight. I also find that if he has a tea time bottle, he wont drink his bed time bottle, he gets tired around 6.30 & find it a struggle to keep him awake so his tea & 'supper' are rather close so found dropping the tea time bottle easiest as I like him to have milk before bed. He then normally perks up for a bit after his bottle & weetabix supper & is then ready for bed at about 8pm. He will then sleep through until 6.30-7am:happydance:

i have the same problem charlies tea time bottle is around 5-6 ish but he likes to be asleep by 8.30 so by then he wont have much of his bottle before bed he will have somtimes only 5 oz then but if hes more awake he will have 7oz but feeds twice through the night, do you think i need to make him more hungry for his last bottle before bed ?

You could try it & if it doesn't work, just go back to what you were doing before:) Perhaps try giving him only solids at tea time & then back to milk before bed - it won't hurt to try!

You could try it & if it doesn't work, just go back to what you were doing before:) Perhaps try giving him only solids at tea time & then back to milk before bed - it won't hurt to try!

thanks hun i might try it allthough i dont know where he is now, he had a really good routine and all of a sudden hes changing it the last few days hes been getting up at 9.30 rather than 8.00 allthough im not complaining haha i need more sleep but hes feeds are all over the place now :hissy: x

:happydance:@9.30 :rofl: Jack tends to wake at 6.30, but he does sleep all night mostly:)

:happydance:@9.30 :rofl: Jack tends to wake at 6.30, but he does sleep all night mostly:)

oh hes gone back to 8am again now :hissy: although that is a nice time to wake up if he slept through lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->