7 year old changing school

babyhopesxx

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi, we have recently moved house and that has meant a change of school for ds1.

He starts next week and lately he has become stroppy, moody and bossy and I've put his behaviour down to being nervous about his new school. I've tried talking to him but don't get a straight answer from him.

So have any if you changed your children's schools and did they settle in ok and how long did it take them to settle in? I keep telling myself that after a couple of weeks he'll have settled in and made new friends. But I still feel quilty for taking him away from his old school and friends if you know what I mean?

stalking this as hoping to move house / schools in the new year .

While i have no advice i can tell you that my almost 7 year old boy is extremely moody , bossy and stroppy so it may just be an age thing cus mine is like having a teenager in the house at times

Hi evewidow, thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Just a little update to say that Shanes first day the other week went fine. He had a massive grin on his face when i picked him up and he's always happy when i pick him up everyday :) He said he enjoys his new school and he has a couple of friends but he doesn't remember their names :dohh: But i think i was more nervous than him but he seems to have settled in really well so far.

Good luck with your move evewidow, i'm sure your boy will be fine with a new school too. I think us parents worry more than the children anyway!

And the stroppy, bossiness continues and yeah it's like having a teenager around the house :dohh: he reminds me of this guy, Kevin :haha:

Attachments

• kevin teenager.jpg
    kevin teenager.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi evewidow, thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Just a little update to say that Shanes first day the other week went fine. He had a massive grin on his face when i picked him up and he's always happy when i pick him up everyday :) He said he enjoys his new school and he has a couple of friends but he doesn't remember their names :dohh: But i think i was more nervous than him but he seems to have settled in really well so far.

Good luck with your move evewidow, i'm sure your boy will be fine with a new school too. I think us parents worry more than the children anyway!

And the stroppy, bossiness continues and yeah it's like having a teenager around the house :dohh: he reminds me of this guy, Kevin :haha:

Haha yea my Jake is like Kevin.

Glad he is settling in ok , I havent even got my house up for sale yet but i have been preparing him for the fact he will have to move school as we will be too far away , but yeah will be me worrying more than the kids probably though he has got one REALLY good friend and i feel a bit guilty for splitting them up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->