7 yr old boy with tics

hypnorm

Reaction score
Ewan will be 8 in August, he has previously developed a really annoying throat clearing tic, though we weren't sure if it was due to his asthma. And I have notice him picking up other little things every so often, at the moment he is throwing his head back quite hard, even the child minder mentioned it today.
Not sure if it some thing he will grow out of or whether I should get it investigated. It's almost a bit Tourette's like.

If the childminder has mentioned it, and it's something that is worrying you I think I would probably speak to your GP about it :hugs:

Going to see how it continues this week and then see, we are in process if moving doctors.

Hi. My son is 6 and has had tics for a few years. I find it really upsetting and worry incase they get even worse in the future. My older son who is now 13 also had them from about age 3 but seemed to grow out of them around 7 or 8, although I think his we're milder. Lots of children do have them, however and do tend to eventually grow out of them. Let us know how you get on at the doctor.

My daughter is nearly 4 and she has just starting having tics, she blinks her eyes tightly shut, I've been reading up on them, although they are very common it says its best to not keep mentioning them to the child because kids will get anxious about it and it will make them worse, my lo tics are worse when she's tired, they started two weeks ago! It's made me watch other kids when we are out and about to see if I notice any other kids having tics

Julie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->