7mo over-eating?

makemeamammy

Reaction score
So my 7 month old is now fully weaned and just started bottles. She is taking four 7oz bottles a day and three meals of around 3tbsp plus some finger foods after. She finishes nearly everything. Is this all too much? My mum has got me worrying that I'm now over feeding her because we had weight gain issues in the past (now totally resolved and baby has shot from below 25th line to between 50th and 75th). Here is today's intake. Does it seem like she's having far too much milk or far too food/milk much overall? Worrying!! :shrug:

Milk - 26ozs (1 x 5oz, 3 x 7oz bottles)
Breakfast - 3-4tbsp yeo valley yoghurt & fruit purée, toast
Lunch - 3tbsp fish pie, two carrot puffs
Dinner - 1.5tbsp readybrek mixed with 1oz milk and 1.2 pouch fruit purée, 3 sweetcorn puffs, 1 biscotti
Water with lunch and before dinner

Eeek, writing it all down it does seem like rather a lot at 7 months! :dohh:

Am I overcompensating for when she had poor weight gain? :blush: is this similar to what your LOs had at 7months? X

I think this all sounds good. LO will go through phases of eating loads and then hardly eating anything so try not to worry.

DD is 7m and eats a very similar amount. She's now on the 75th line since starting solids and moving from BFing to FFing. We do BLW.

Today she had
22oz milk (so far - normally has closer to 26/28oz but she may wake up yet)
Breakfast - 5 scoops berry cereal
Lunch - 2 scotch pancakes & 5 small strawberries
Dinner - stir fry veg with oven cooked cod, I had sweet chili chicken stir fry but didn't have enough chicken for us both. One on the vine tomato, a handful of raisins, and a yoghurt for pudding. She only ate a couple of raisins but I'm giving them to her occasionally to help her develop her pincer grip.
During lunch and dinner she also has sips of water.

It sounds like a lot, but some of her friends (the same age) are eating tons more!

This is about the same as my little boy is having and he is 7 months tomorrow. He actually has 5 7oz bottles, sometimes even more, but he is a big boy at 22lbs and has always loved his milk!

I always offer my lg food until she refuses. So yesterday she didn't have much breakfast, just half a slice of toast. But lunch was a Yorkshire pudding, half a bowl of pasta and roasted pepper sauce, quarter of an avocado, a pot of fromage Frai and a carrot puff. Dinner was a cheese omelette (filled her baby plate) some more avocado and some Ella's kitchen smoothie. And she's still waking me for night feeds!

I think that sounds perfectly fine. If she's eating it on her own (you aren't forcing her), then you can't possibly overfeed her. Babies know when they're full and she'll let you know. Otherwise, keep it up.

I am DEFINITELY not force feeding her! Trust me...my little diva isn't one to take ANYTHING that she doesn't want...the lips get pursed into a little pout and there ain't no getting in there - whether it be bottle or spoon lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->