8 days late and NEGative test

amalka

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to ask if anyone could help. Hereis my story. We are actively trying TTC with my OH. I am now 8 days late. yesterday I got really bad back pain and some lower abdo cramping. I then seen brown spotting when go to toilet only. so I taught that I ot my period, but today again only spoting brown and only little back pain but feeling sick this afternoon and got very bloated. Only slight back pain. I just feel wierd:wacko:
I also took 4 preg tests and 1st was negative, second negative, third very faint line and fourth negative. Could I be pregnant?
I hope some one will be ablre to help. I am going crazy as very much want baby after one MSC.

thank you

Sorry I can't help but didn't want to r&r.

They defo sound like early symptoms. I'd probably get an appointment to see my doc to find out what he suggests. GL and FXed for you. X

Yes I agree you should call the doctor and get a blood test. The pregnancy hormone would show up by now!

Try the Equate (wal-mart) brand early result tests.
According to POAS.com they are very accurate and never give false
positives. I found out I was pregnant with this test.
Good luck!

Didn't want to read and run but I would go to the GP and she what they say and ask for a blood test for a positive result x hope all goes well x

thank you so much for you support. Do you think that the GP will not look at me like I am a nutter? if l did not have a posiyive test?

Of course he won't lol and at least then ur no for sure or why not try a clear blur digi test ? But a blood test will confirm either way
Good luck

They might give you a test there... And that's what doctors are there for! I've rung NHS direct like 6 times haha and I'm only 8 w 3 d!!! If anyones the nuttah I am!!! Hahahejhejeh I don't care though!! ;-) wheeyyy!!! Good luck babes x

Hi i was 8 days late in December and my GP refused to do anything about it. Just said that the stress of TTC or just the stress of everyday life can have an impact on cycles and if i hadn't started in another 2 weeks to go back. I started that afternoon :)

Heya.. I'm not sure if you are in the UK or not, but if you go to the GP they will do a urine test - but at least it'll be looked at by trained eyes rather than a home kit that we often misread. I was told that they don't do blood tests anymore (I guess a cost thing) and so you may very well be asked to pop back in a week if the test is inconclusive (it's what happened to me)
Also, not to be negative, but stress will often mess up our periods, and so the worry/excitement about possibly being pregnant may just delay your flow. It's happened to me in the past and I was about a week late, but I guess this also depends on how regular you are to begin with. I've always been a bit all over the place until more recent months, but that was down to the mini pill.

8 days late is quite a bit late, so hopefully this will be a positive result for you!
The lines can be so, so faint in these early days, so as hard as it is, I would recommend you try to relax then test again next week. x

You may have ovulated later than usual, i ovulated 2 weeks later than i should have! def go see the dr.

i saw my consultant at the hospital when i would have been 3 weeks preg and he stated that i wasnt pregnant and shouldnt convince myself i am, i knew i was so ignored him and loved seeing him for my fertility appointment jsut to say i told u so :D x

You may have ovulated later than you thought you did.....
When I got my BFP I had brown spotting twice in that month, once on CD19 for 6 days then a 6 day gap, then brown spotting from CD32 for4 days!!!

I did a test on CD40 which was negative!
Then got my BFP on CD50!!

My crazy cycles meant it was very expensive constantly buying pg tests :haha:

the test at the doctors are rubbish! I went and got one and it was negative after two postives at home left the doctors more confused than when I went in! went and got another test and it was postive and guess what im 24 weeks tommorow so I wouldnt go on there urine tests but obvs their blood tests :p xxxxxxxxxx

I had something similar happen a year ago and it turned out to be a small cyst on my ovary.

I would go to the DR and request an HCG test as well as an ultrasound to rule out/verify either pregnancy or a cyst.

The same thing happened to my sister in law. She was over a week late and all the at home tests kept coming back with negatives. She went to her doctor to see what was going on and she WAS pregnant! So, I would def suggest making an appt :o)

I am also 8 days late but neg test. I as well has spotting like 2 weeks ago. My nipples r sensitibe. So is it too early still for my test to be pos.

I didn't get a faint line until I was 9 days late, I'd suggest going to the doctor if you are worried, or just wait a few more days and test again!

same here! I'm 5 days late and all my tests comes back negative. I'm starting to have sore breasts and very light cramps. I'm waiting another few days and if AF doesn't show up then I'll just go see a doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->