8 month old, no reaction to flavors?

AmandaBanana

Reaction score
He's had lemons, pickles, cranberries etc and doesn't show
any kind of reaction to the flavors. He just loves eating everything.
No sour face, no scrunching up. Nothing!

My mom says I should ask my dr about that.

What do you think? Normal, concerning?

It does sound a bit unusual! Maybe he just enjoys those flavours but it wouldn't hurt to ask a doctor.

Both of my girls eat sour things happily, no pulling faces etc. I'm the same though, it's a flavour I really enjoy. I never thought to question it because I like sour stuff so much too:shrug:

The only time my baby pulls a face is with bland food, like mashed potatoes. She likes things with flavour like indian curry (not too hot, but with a mild kick), flavourful chili, and seafood chowder. If your baby is happily eating then I wouldn't worry.

Mine's never really pulled a face over anything ... though she has things she likes and things she doesn't, like everyone else. She just refuses to eat food she hates lol.

2 years old and eats perfectly normally.

Mine used to be like this. She was very fussy with foods but would eat lemons and raw onions with no reaction to the taste. She'd never do that now though lol!

I think that sounds great. At that age, my daughter loved pickles and olives (still does) and she could eat wedges of lemon (still does). Some kids just have more of a preference for sour or bitter foods and that's actually a good thing. You're less likely to have a picky eater later on if you expose him to lots of tastes early. Mine is nearly 4 now and she still eats lemons out of her drinks and then asks for our lemon wedges to eat too!

My son is the same, just picks everything up and shoves it in. If he doesnt like something (one texture he hates is bread) he just pulls it back out, drops it and looks at you for something different. lol. I wouldnt worry too much, but if it does concern you then a quick chat with your health visitor wouldnt hurt x

My daughter is this way too, eats just about everything the same way, without showing reactions to flavor. The only thing she doesn't like so far is cooked green beans.

Mine's never really pulled a face over anything ... though she has things she likes and things she doesn't, like everyone else. She just refuses to eat food she hates lol.

2 years old and eats perfectly normally.

Yeah I never noticed those funny faces people talk about, she just ate everything then developed an idea of what it was she preferred and didn't eat the things she wasn't as keen on.

I don't know if it has anything to do with being breastfed or not, as apparently breastmilk contains some of the flavours of foods you eat so foody flavours are going to be less of a surprise to a breastfed baby than a formula fed baby who is used to milk always tasting the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->