8 month old refusing bottle

wannanewbaby

Mommy to Ryder, Jaxon, and Kane
Reaction score
My son just turned 8 months on 18th he has been bottle fed since birth and always been a big eater. Recently he is refusing his bottle he gets 2 solid meals a day and bottles in between usually eats 8oz when he wakes up lately lucky if he eats 6oz then after a solid meal would usually eat 4oz now barely 2oz. Today I gave him a 3rd solid meal since he wasn't wanting to eat bottles. Should I be concerned? He is on soy formula due to a milk protein allergy so i don't know how to make sure he gets dairy somewhere else as he can't have yogurt or cheese due to his allergy.

The recommendation on my formula tub is 3x7oz bottles in 24hrs. DD1 always loved milk any took a fair bit more than tub suggested. DD2 has always taken less. She is almost 8 months now and takes anywhere between 15-20oz a day. I've noticed her milk intake will be lower when she's cutting teeth. Could it be teething related? X

Yes it def could be he doesn't have any yet but has been chewing up a storm on his hands. I guess I will keep a look out for some teeth coming through and see of his drinking goes back to normal otherwise maybe he is just starting to move away from the formula.

My daughter has actually just had a day of hardly taking any milk or eating solids. As per my own advice, i checked and she is cutting 2 more teeth. Thatll be her up to 8 so i'm hoping she gets a break after this xx

My LO refuses bottles when he has ear infections or teething. Around 12 months he wouldn't take a sip and I thought he was done with the bottle forever, turned out to be an ear infection. Still loves his bottle at 15 months!

Is there anyway to know if baby has ear infection??

He went to the doc not to long ago and ears were good I'm leaning toward the teeth when I feel where his bottom should be it's like if you just barely pushed they would pop right through so I'm hoping they come on in soon and give him some relief thanks so much to all who responded

Definitely sounds like teeth my dd done exactly the same dropped to barely 10oz a day for a couple of days then the day her tooth popped through she guzzled about 5 6oz bottles, I'd give him a few days see if a tooth comes through x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->