• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

8 month old spots/acne

LillyFleur

Reaction score
Help! Over the last few days my daughter's face (esp her left cheek) have broken out in these awful red spots. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, just looks awful.

I'm washing her skin twice a day with a mild lavender baby soap which doesn't seem to be making a difference, any ideas what could be causing it and how to get rid of it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 18
Looks a bit like eczema. Sometimes washing it can make it worse as it dries the skin. Have you got any emollients (medical moisturisers, so no perfumes or additives) like E45, double base etc? Sometimes even nappy type creams work or petroleum jelly.

I would try not washing her and see if that helps. Like pp has said it can dry skin out and not help the situation. I used to wash my eldest every day and his skin was so dry. The Drs told me to stop washing him as much and his skin improved immediately. I don't wash my daughter half as much and she has beautiful skin. X

I wouldn't put soap on a baby, especially not their face and certainly not twice a day (even if mild). Looks like eczema to me.

Agree try not washing the skin as the perfumes and alcohol in soaps can aggravate it (we don't use soap ever :shock:)Would use a mineral oil to keep it from drying out

I haven't washed it since yesterday morning and it hasn't got any worse, but not sure it's any better. She's also getting little red spots on her arms and stomach :shrug: they're definitely spots as opposed to a rash (i did the tumblr test and they fade, thought I'd better make sure!)

I'm going to book a doctor appointment, bit concerned that it seems to be spreading.

Doctors seem to think it's an allergic reaction, no idea what to! :wacko:

It continued to get worse and was spreading so I went back to the doctors again! This time with DH, typically it was the same doctor and she now thinks it's not an allergic reaction and is a virus (possibly Roseola) :dohh:

It continued to get worse and was spreading so I went back to the doctors again! This time with DH, typically it was the same doctor and she now thinks it's not an allergic reaction and is a virus (possibly Roseola) :dohh:

:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->