8 months pregnant; water gushed out, could she be coming soon?

Coki

Reaction score
My baby dropped and engaged around 28 weeks. Dr said she would not be moving from this position & to expect a small baby (like 4-5lbs). Her head can be felt with about an inch to spare from the exit, hiccups are felt right above my hips, movement is at or below belly button. There is pressure in the pelvic area, peeing a lot more, constipated for 2weeks now stools are softening, significant increase in discharge,bh are becoming stronger/more noticeable with back/lower abd. cramps that feel like I'm on my period. The other day my mom (nurse) sat & was able to time my contractions-every 7 mins for about 45mins then we stopped counting. I've only gained 11 lbs & barely have a bump- baby is still under 3lbs. I'm nesting like crazy, symptoms that stopped previously are returning like acne, boobs leaking a lot, feeling crazy hormonal.
At 31w 5d I went to pee and it was yellow. When I wiped there was a thick yellow tinted discharge. 5 minutes later I felt weird went back to the bathroom wiped again and a second later a huge gush of completely clear water came out of me. I couldn't control it so it got all over my leggings and floor. Back cramps followed so I was advised to go to l&d. When I did, they first took a swab that turned dark blue immediately which is positive.Then I took a urine test and it was yellow not clear.
They checked my cervix dilated at fingertip length. They hooked me up to a monitor, got an ultrasound and a few hours later was sent home to follow up 2 days later. My ob doesn't know what it was.

I'm 33 weeks tomorrow, but my next appt is a week away, and ultrasound a week after. Everyone keeps telling me they think I'm going to go pretty early due to all mentioned above. I'm telling them she'll come when she wants! What do you think?

Did they not do a scan to check fluid around baby? Have you been given antibiotics incase of infection? Babys can go weeks without any fluid but I thought they would keep you in hospital

Other then the waters going everything you explained is exactly how I have been for the last few days.
I dont really know what to say in regards to is it time yet because my last pregnancy was a imduction so I have no experiance of progressive labour happening on its own.
When you say the swab was posatibe do you mean as in it was your waters going?
I dont understand how they can say after that they dont know what it was.
If it was your waters then labour normaly follows within 48 hours or treatment such as steroides is given.
Didnt think they left a pregnancy without some intervention more then that after waters going because of risk of infection.

Doesn't make any sense. If it were your waters you would be in hospital. No way would they let u go home at 33 weeks with water gone. Labor usually follows.

The swab that turned blue means it was the fluid surrounding baby.
I got minimal information, nobody present me with test results (swab turned blue right away and the nurse explained before doing it what turning blue meant) and in the end my ob really didn't know, she put me on restriction (no stimulation, can't lift more than 10lbs etc)

Also they talked about giving me steroids but never did. They weren't going to let me leave, but for some reason did. The entire situation still makes no sense to me, and having a clueless ob is not reassuring.

What sort of place is this? They need to take precautions for yours and babys safety, if you get a infection it can make you reallt sick and be dangerous for you and baby. I would go back and demand a second opinion or to see someone else and get more answers.
I went in due to leaking and was scaned straight away to check fluid had not gone.

Wow that is very confusing. If you lost a lot of fluid, the scan would show it and you should have delivered within the next day or so. If they sent you home there must have been fluid still surrounding baby, so maybe it was a leak. BUT a leak wouldn't have gushed... Hoping everything goes quickly for you

Is there maybe another hospital you could go to? If your water broke you are at risk for infection and baby could get distressed and you need to be checked and scanned and if your swab was positive you should be delivering your baby... I would strongly suggest finding a second opinion or going back and demanding to be given the care you both need immediately. Prayin for you hun hope you get some answers soon

Wow that is very confusing. If you lost a lot of fluid, the scan would show it and you should have delivered within the next day or so. If they sent you home there must have been fluid still surrounding baby, so maybe it was a leak. BUT a leak wouldn't have gushed... Hoping everything goes quickly for you

You can go weeks after your water brakes before labour happens you are just at higher risk of infection.. it happened in my last pregnancy and had to be given something to put me in labour as I ended up with a bad infection and got really sick

Guess it depends on your hospital/doc my doc won't risk the infection so if you break your waters and there is little or no water around baby they induce you they gave me a 24 hour window

If your water breaks you are at a high risk of infection and the drs usually try to take baby out. I don't understand what your drs are doing?

Also the longer you are without fluid the harder it is on the baby once contractions do start.
My friend went in omce her comtractions where in full swing and she had no fluid but hadnt experianced any breakage, only thing they could put it down to was they must of gone when she was in the bath the day before.
The dr said that each contraction was squishing the baby because she had gone so long having them with no fluid (she was having contractions for over 60 hours before anything actually progressed)

Yeah they don't let u go any longer than 24 hrs here if ur waters break because of infection (I'm in Glasgow) and that's at full term and they did send me home but again I was full term and was told to come back the following morning for induction but I went into labour a few hours later!

Ur only 33 weeks so I would imagine that they would keep u in here for infection control at the least! I'd get a second opinion if I was u hun xx

I Was admitted last week because I thought my water was trickling, I had a swab to test and they hadn't gone but I also had a scan aswel just to make sure that the fluid around the baby was ok, I was kept over night for observation, i would have got steroids but already had them due to being high risk for preterm delivery. I was told if my water had gone I would need antibiotics so I would just enquire why they havnt done more for you?

Everything you describe though is how I feel, constant Braxton hicks, somtimes they feel crampy but they are always about 5mins apart. I have been told not to worry though alsong as they arnt really painfull. I have a lot of pelvic pressure, I wee a lot, my bowels have been looser in the mornings and also my baby has been very deeply head down since 18weeks. I'm not sure if I will get much further, I'm thinking maybe another 2-3 weeks befor the BHs turn into proper labour

I hope that you and LO are ok :hugs: Update us when you get a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->